Basic SKY to SKY+

Crumpy Gunt

Reet fellas, my old man has had SKY for fuck knows how long and from day 1 has had the full monty, Sport and movies and been paying the top rate throughout (£40+pm at mo) The reciever box was washed up with the wreckage from Noahs Ark so,

I have recently fucked SKY out of it. Had SKY+ for 12 months so was wondering how would I go about getting my SKY+ reciever fixed up on the old mans system?

Can it be done a straight swap or will he need a new dish or will SKY have to be contacted?

I fear the latter!

New dish etc as it needs 2 inputs which the regular sky box doesn't take (and i'm assuming they didn't give him a dish with 2 outputs)

Anyway, I thought they were doing this stuff for free nowadays as they want everyone over to sky+?

(edit: doesn't look like they are! but they definately have had promotions to do it free or dirt cheap in the past)

• 2 weeks later...

i have plugged a sky plus box into my normal sky connection and it works fine, only trouble is i can only record the channel im watching, so its not ideal, but its still better than nowt, and i can pause, rewind etc etc