Joe Kinnear to be made permanent - what would it take?

Guest LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest LucaAltieri

Clearly Kinnear is after a new job. He's made clear that he wants to be managing in the top flight again. As we have seen in the past with Roeder; a successful period as a caretaker can win you a long-term contract.

Just curious to find out what the general opinion here would be if he was to really turn us around over the next few games.

Given our current state of affairs, if he can pick up anything over 9 points I'd be tempted to extend his contract until January.

As always it depends mostly on who else is interested. I'd prefer Deschamps, Zico or Terim if they were serious. We found out with Roeder that a temporary manager can often look much better than they really are.

The new owners will bin him anyway, so the point is kinda moot.

Guest LucaAltieri

Given our current state of affairs, if he can pick up anything over 9 points I'd be tempted to extend his contract until January.

As always it depends mostly on who else is interested. I'd prefer Deschamps, Zico or Terim if they were serious. We found out with Roeder that a temporary manager can often look much better than they really are.

The new owners will bin him anyway, so the point is kinda moot.

Likelihood is that you're right... but nothing is signed and sealed yet.

There are better options, without a doubt, but if we could pick up 3 wins and a draw over the next few games it may be better to take the "better the devil you know" approach - at least until we're safe.

Guest Howaythetoon

He could win the world cup and he'd still be overlooked.

He says cautiously wary that he'll probably be our manager for the next 18 months before being sacked after spending 50m quid on shit.

Takeover happens

New Owners unhappy with current managerial prospects

Joe stays on with a 1 mo rolling contract

Wins FA cup and finishes top half

Would have him for a 2nd season

That is what it would take, bare minimum.  However, since that's not an option, I voted "absolutely nothing"

ok, on a serious note, i know we have had our failures before (se roeder) when it comes to "caretake managers"

but if Kinnear does well, why on earth should we not want him? i dont want another keegan walking out, my heart is broken enough as it is!

kinnear have the ability, and if he does well, i guess 60% of the supporters would turn to the other side!!!

i wish Kinnear the best of luck! becouse if he succeeds, it would mean newcastle turns out good  :shifty:

so support him the best you can!!

im just glad we have someone to turn to now! im glad we are trying to sort out the future, im glad kinnear is here for us, when noone else wants to!

give him your best lads!!!