Right....

Guest Heneage

...can we have a bit of calm.

I've sat and read a lot and kept rather quiet on the recent events, but can I ask for some real calm here.

Lets not plan for tomorrow when Today has not yet finished. We have Blackburn tomorrow, the clubs being sold, we have a manager (all be it not the best) but in place. We have had darker days than this, and take faith from the old saying "It pours before the rainbow". We have players coming back and lets just focus now on helping to gear up those on the pitch as only a full St James Park can, we've been called a 12th man by past players, Even Huckerby who played one game said our fans are a special bunch that can lift you. Lets not jump on Taylors back and instead try and raise him up by giving him some support. Im not excusing the lads mistake but lets wait till we are safe in port before we give out the thrashings.

Goodnight and Howay The Lads.

...can we have a bit of calm.

I've sat and read a lot and kept rather quiet on the recent events, but can I ask for some real calm here.

Lets not plan for tomorrow when Today has not yet finished. We have Blackburn tomorrow, the clubs being sold, we have a manager (all be it not the best) but in place. We have had darker days than this, and take faith from the old saying "It pours before the rainbow". We have players coming back and lets just focus now on helping to gear up those on the pitch as only a full St James Park can, we've been called a 12th man by past players, Even Huckerby who played one game said our fans are a special bunch that can lift you. Lets not jump on Taylors back and instead try and raise him up by giving him some support. Im not excusing the lads mistake but lets wait till we are safe in port before we give out the thrashings.

Goodnight and Howay The Lads.

WSD listener?

That Steven annoys me with his constant criticism of the fans.

I am mate aye. Yeah I must admit he stereotypes us entirely irrespective of sites like this I referenced in the email conversation we had . Kennys just as bad its a damn hard show to get on if you don't agree.

Yeah i know what you mean

was funny tho he was criticising the fans to  Huckerby and Barnes but turned round and said the fans were brilliant and are not to blame  ;D

Steven's an emotional hypocrite when it comes to being a critic. I take it on the chin since I rather enjoyed his rants about Liverpool's history and when he painted them all with the same stereo-typical brush (because he can be a funny guy), but I can now understand why there were Liverpool fans who stopped listening to the show when they got a better idea of his feelings towards the club.

My suspicion is that alot of the criticism he directs at our club (as with Liverpool) is triggered by some sort of personal experience. I get the feeling that Mike Ashley's "emotional" (fraud) press release when announcing that he's selling the club had something to do with that.

When you actually observe the logic behind his scathing attacks, they're quite often contradictory and rarely hold any real ground.

Arguments like Keegan's 20-something % win record (because Steven is an ambassador for fickle fans?), Newcastle has no right to want success because they haven't won any trophies in 40 years (a bit cute coming from a Chelsea fan who fired his previous co-host for making those sort of noises) etc. And then you've got the blatant stereo-type insults, which further suggest to me that his rants are emotional rather than logical.

I had an extended email debate with Kenny when Allardyce was sacked, and although my opinion might not be popular on these boards, I was a firm believer that Allardyce needed more time if Ashley was serious about taking this club to glory in the long-term. I understand that Allardyce was a Shepherd signing, but he had a great record with Bolton with a limited budget, and was as ambitious as Newcastle fans are.

Unfortunately for Keegan fans, club owners and their approaches to managing a football club won't change from one manager to the next, and Keegan's reign was a disaster waiting to happen based on Allardyce's treatment.

Totally agree, on my phonecall Kenny referenced how Ashley was getting pissed when supposed to be meeting clients, I said "Aahh but lads so many stories can't believe em all" and his retort was "That isnt a story" I thought well wheres the proof?

I mean the 20% win records a joke really, and as for fickle I sat and listened to his moaning about Grant then instant praise if he did something right. Howard got fired for being OTT as well I think,  but yeah prior to Abramovic what had Chelsea really done? He says Coca Cola cup but thats hardly the mark of Champions. They are the tramp that found the lottery ticket living next to Donald Trump.

I think when I went on he was hoping i'd really lay into Keegan. When I said I said both parties were flawed I think it took him a little off key. I mean I answered all his questions in his e-mails. I mean the lowest ebb I was busy working and my mate listened to the show as it went out. And despite knowing my views on the club he still made the "Oh we can't get hold of him he must be outside SJP protesting (He hadn't even rang me at this point)" and a sly dig at "I hope he speaks English". I think tbh the core of their Yank Fanbase know little to nothing about Football ergo why the majority say "I'm an Arsenal and Inter fan" or "Im a Chelsea fan" they look at the pretty teams all about which shirt will look good on the Holiday Snaps.

I think what was funniest though he said "Ok I get you you want a big money owner but you want an owner that bleeds your colours.." I never once stated in any e-mail I wanted someone who bleed black and white, I wanted someone who would think of the club as a business name me 5 chairman that bleed a club Gibson springs to mind, even Quinn he came in for a profit its nuts.