Paul Newman

Guest LucaAltieri

Guest LucaAltieri

Italian press say he's dead.

Fonti italiane e blogger Usa 

"Paul Newman è morto" 

ROMA - Dalle prime ore di oggi una notizia corre sul Web: Paul Newman, 83 anni, uno degli ultimi grandi divi di Hollywood, sarebbe morto la scorsa notte nella sua abitazione. Pochi giorni fa lo stesso attore, da tempo malato di tumore, aveva chiesto a sua moglie, l'attrice Joan Woodward, di essere riportato a casa dall'ospedale, il Weill Cornell Medical Center di New York, dove si stava sottoponendo a un ciclo di terapie. "Voglio morire nel mio letto", avrebbe detto. E questa mattina l'imprenditore Vincenzo Manes, presidente della fondazione Dynamo Camp di Limestre (Pistoia), che fa parte delll'organizzazione internazionale di solidarietà fondata da Newman, nel corso della festa annuale della fondazione ha detto: "Oggi alle 7.30 ho ricevuto una email che mi comunicava una cosa molto triste: Paul Newman non è più con noi".

http://www.repubblica.it/2008/06/sezioni/spettacoli_e_cultura/paul-newman/paul-newman-notizia/paul-newman-notizia.html

Italian sources and blogger Usa 

"Paul Newman is dead" 

Rome - From the first hours of today a news races on the Web: Paul Newman, 83 years, one of the last great superstars of Hollywood, last night would be dead in its residence. Few days ago the same actor, for a long time sick of tumor, you/he/she had asked to his/her wife, the actress Joan Woodward, house to be brought to from the hospital, the Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York, where he was submitting to a cycle of therapies. "I want to die in my bed", you/he/she would have said. And this morning the entrepreneur Vincenzo Manes, president of the foundation Dynamo Camp of Limestre (Pistoia), that does part international delll'organizzazione of solidarity founded by Newman, during the annual party of the foundation you/he/she has said: "Today at 7.30 o'clock I have received an email that a very sad thing communicated me: Paul Newman is not with us anymore."

Can't find anything in English.

Odd.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It's been circulated that he's been dead before without it being true, but this being real wouldn't surprise me. He'd allegedly been in ill health. If he's dead then RIP, one of America's best actors in film.

Guest lankybellwipe

It is well documented that Newman and McQueen battled over script lines in 'Towering Inferno'

Would like to think Pauls' epitaph reads 'I had the last laugh Steve!"

RIP.

Man was a proper legend. f*** you cancer, f*** you! :angry:

Aye, it boils my piss that governments are spending god knows how much on daft things like that particle experiment thing in Switzerland amongst other things.  We should be pumping unlimited amounts into developing a cure for it.  :angry:

Guest LucaAltieri

RIP.

Aye, it boils my piss that governments are spending god knows how much on daft things like that particle experiment thing in Switzerland amongst other things.  We should be pumping unlimited amounts into developing a cure for it.  :angry:

Oooh, stupidity of the highest order right out of left field.

*cough* ...and what if the world biggest science experiment leads us to discover something even more valuable?

Alternatively, why not just increase science/medicine spending altogether. Surely cutting back on things like new aircraft carriers would be better than cutting spending on something that leads to a better understanding of the world and has increased everyone's quality of life 1000-fold?

Guest lankybellwipe

RIP.

*cough* ...and what if the world biggest science experiment leads us to discover something even more valuable?

Alternatively, why not just increase science/medicine spending altogether. Surely cutting back on things like new aircraft carriers would be better than cutting spending on something that leads to a better understanding of the world and has increased everyone's quality of life 1000-fold?

I have great cause to speak my mind on this issue, having lost Bens' mam to cancer, but this sort of issue, when argued about, can create huge arguments! (lets see what unfolds here)

I choose to let mother nature (however cruel she may be) control the ever increasing population explosion, cos if we find a cure for the most vicious threat to humanity, she'll always post a more potent response!

RIP.

Err....Ok mate, has your quality of life increased 1000-fold since the experiment?, cause mine certainly hasnt.

Guest LucaAltieri

RIP.

Err....Ok mate, has your quality of life increased 1000-fold since the experiment?, cause mine certainly hasnt.

Science and medicine in general... speculative experiments... without them you'd be a farmer with a short lifespan.

RIP.

I have great cause to speak my mind on this issue, having lost Bens' mam to cancer, but this sort of issue, when argued about, can create huge arguments! (lets see what unfolds here)

I choose to let mother nature (however cruel she may be) control the ever increasing population explosion, cos if we find a cure for the most vicious threat to humanity, she'll always post a more potent response!

I'm sorry to hear that mate.

RIP.

Science and medicine in general... speculative experiments... without them you'd be a farmer with a short lifespan.

How do you know that I am not already a farmer with a short lifespan?

Wind your neck in.

Guest lankybellwipe

RIP.

I'm sorry to hear that mate.

:thup:

Guest LucaAltieri

RIP.

How do you know that I am not already a farmer with a short lifespan?

Wind your neck in.

You may well be. How's that computer working out for you, by the way?

Even if we go back your your originally proposed false choice of cancer research vs. physics research... how does one (albeit brutal) illness outweigh the prospect of understanding the entire natural world around us? - which is essentially what they're looking for.

I just find your logic flawed on every level.