Getting from Sunderland to Newcastle, and back again

Decky

Looking to start having nights out up in Newcastle, starting tonight hopefully. Has anyone on here ever done the journey? I know there is some bus called the N65 that runs at night, only thing is it leaves Newcastle at like 2:10am which is abit early and takes an hour getting from one place to another. I heard some taxi company called Blueline does the run for £17 which isnt bad. Can obviously take the metro in as its cheap, just looking for some tips on getting back to Sunderland from Newcastle in the early hours. Cheers if you can help.

Looking to start having nights out up in Newcastle, starting tonight hopefully. Has anyone on here ever done the journey? I know there is some bus called the N65 that runs at night, only thing is it leaves Newcastle at like 2:10am which is abit early and takes an hour getting from one place to another. I heard some taxi company called Blueline does the run for £17 which isnt bad. Can obviously take the metro in as its cheap, just looking for some tips on getting back to Sunderland from Newcastle in the early hours. Cheers if you can help.

You could always just take a gamble that you won't be going home until morning :razz:

Blueline is cheapest taxi company in Newcastle.  Ring them - 2626666 (I know the number off by heart I'm that sad).

Would never use Blueline again.  One time I got them (Newcastle to Consett) the driver was all over the road - pissed as a fart. I had a go at him and told him he wouldn't be getting paid.  He pulled over at the side of the road and grabbed hold of my now ex-lass (wish I'd let him finish the job now with the benefit of hindsight).  Anyway I rang Blueline the day after, they said they'd 'have a word' with said driver.  2 months later I got the same driver on the same journey and he was pissed again.

Always use Dean taxis now 0191 4444444

Sorry have I missed something??, Why the f*** are you living in Sunderland Decky?

At the University

Boo.

At the very least you could have lived in South Shields and travelled into the hell hole.

I dont know anything about any of the surrounding areas though ;)

Guest lankybellwipe

Sorry have I missed something??, Why the f*** are you living in Sunderland Decky?

At the University

Boo.

At the very least you could have lived in South Shields and travelled into the hell hole.

Next best thing eh?

Cheeky twat!

:lol:

At the University

Boo.

Next best thing eh?

Cheeky t***!

What?, I wasnt being offensive to the sand dancers,  I was just saying that he could have lived on Tyneside to give him some form of respite from the woes of Wearside.

Guest lankybellwipe

At the University

Boo.

Next best thing eh?

Cheeky t***!

What?, I wasnt being offensive to the sand dancers,  I was just saying that he could have lived on Tyneside to give him some form of respite from the woes of Wearside.

No offence (offense for lbw hater) taken Peter, hence the lol!

Next time you're in dance world, I'll buy you a pint, which you will be required to pour over your head on the ampitheatre in full view of Tommy Trumpeter and the gang!

Can somone explain why its £3.50 return to Newcastle on the metro but £2.80 one way? Also why doesnt it run all night? Just paid £30 on a fucking taxi, my ass hole got wider as the miles clocked in, and the raping got harder

Can somone explain why its £3.50 return to Newcastle on the metro but £2.80 one way? Also why doesnt it run all night? Just paid £30 on a fucking taxi, my ass hole got wider as the miles clocked in, and the raping got harder

Because it's a rip off and the computers are stupid. After 6pm and after 9am on a wedensday a day saver thingy (day's pass) goes down to about £2.20 yet it'll still let you pay more for the shittier single tickets.

Ive said before the whole transport thing up heres fucked. Railcard I cant use before 9 with no negotation over the price you pay or you don't go. Last train to Durham on Saturday night is ten to 9. Last train on weekday is 1045 even on Mid-week kick offs.

Can somone explain why its £3.50 return to Newcastle on the metro but £2.80 one way? Also why doesnt it run all night? Just paid £30 on a f***ing taxi, my ass hole got wider as the miles clocked in, and the raping got harder

Take it you just ended up getting a black cab? Really is worth pre-booking a Blueline or Dean, you'll save yourself a fortune!!! I think the N21, which runs every night from Chester to Newcastle, is the best thing any bus company in the NE has ever did. Saves us all a fortune and at times there has been some canny crack...especially when it's been full of people from Shindig!!!! HAHA

Can somone explain why its £3.50 return to Newcastle on the metro but £2.80 one way? Also why doesnt it run all night? Just paid £30 on a f***ing taxi, my ass hole got wider as the miles clocked in, and the raping got harder

The Metro's pricing system has been fucked up for years mate and believe it or not the current price structure is the best its ever been.

As for it not running all night, I guess its due to passenger numbers being so low past 1am.  That and all the charvers who would probably burn the system down if allowed on at that time.

Blueline is cheapest taxi company in Newcastle.  Ring them - 2626666 (I know the number off by heart I'm that sad).

Weird!

Our cheapest taxi company is "262626"

and the number for the link up bus which takes me into town when i'm early mornings at cheaper than the normal buses is 2020666

Weird!

Our cheapest taxi company is "262626"

and the number for the link up bus which takes me into town when i'm early mornings at cheaper than the normal buses is 2020666

What's the crack with that? Do you just ring and it picks you up somewhere?!?!