DOF in line of fire if Spurs’ struggle goes on

Thespence

Guest sittingontheball

They've signed some funny ones in recent years, but I dunno what's up with Bentley. He's a class player and should have been a good signing. I think some of the blame must lie with Ramos.

Did they have any choice with Keane or Berb? In that situation, all you can do is get as much coin as you can. If they were going to go on and sell Keane, admittedly for daylight robbery money, hindsight says they should have kept Defoe. Once the Berb transfer was on though, they should have made us an unrefusable (by wankers like Wise etc) offer for Owen.  You would think that twelve or thirteen million tops would have got him. Keane for Owen and a wad of notes. Great business.

Selling Malbranque was a mystery too.

Guest sittingontheball

Ha ha, you're probably right there!

Still, sticking the ol' rocket up the prima donna's arse is the manager's job, not the DOF's.

Bentley's believing his own hype. You only have to look at his hair to see that.

Pretty much.

The bright lights of London along with it's many distractions and a manager not nearly as demanding/intimidating as Hughes and hey presto ... party time and ponsy hair.

Let's face it, given the usual brilliant timing of our managerial changeovers, [/b] we've effectively started the season with managers who didn't choose their players almost as often as not over the last dozen years.

except that Man U appointed Alex Ferguson in the November, and Arsenal appointed Wenger in September 1996. Bad timing ?

i'm usually impartial when it comes to the 2 of you, but that argument has so many holes punched in it, it's not even funny

Amuses me that Captain Goldfish (Jenas) is getting stick from the Spuds fans

It's so hard to be taken seriously because everyone thinks it's only said because he left Newcastle, but he is a very average to poor footballer. He also has no character or leadership qualities. To actually make him captain was an unbelievable decision.

Amuses me that Captain Goldfish (Jenas) is getting stick from the Spuds fans

It's so hard to be taken seriously because everyone thinks it's only said because he left Newcastle, but he is a very average to poor footballer. He also has no character or leadership qualities. To actually make him captain was an unbelievable decision.

correct. very poor decision making him captain. having said that, i don't think he's a poor footballer by any stretch. i think he's very good in fact, but lacks the bottle and the football brain that could have made him a midfield general.

They played Bentley on the left several times, thats bizzarre and whenever he made very good cross.. no one could finish it. I do not know whether it was Comolli or Levy who decided to hold Berbatov to get few millions extra, but at the moment they are living the consequence for for that and not bringing in replacement earlier.