Durham Champions

Rob W

Following Durham's historic LV County Championship win on Saturday they will leave for the Durham CCC end of season dinner from Riverside on Monday 29 September.  Members and supporters are encouraged to come and show their support between 5.00pm and 6.15pm.

This is the first opportunity to celebrate the first and second team's respective Championship victories.  A further celebratory reception will take place before the start of the 2009 season

This informal gathering will take place at Riverside, between 5.00pm and 6.15pm.

5.00pm - Team photo on the pitch with trophy - Don't forget your camera for this historic moment!

6.15pm - Team leave Riverside on coach.

...... and having a s*** pitch!

Rubbish!!

Disgrace that they weren't docked points for the pitch they put out against Kent. Fact!

I'm sorry like the ECB's pitch panel passed it as ok!! Did you play on it? You're starting to sound like that fat girl Rob Key!!! Unless you are Rob Key??!?!?

Rubbish!!

Disgrace that they weren't docked points for the pitch they put out against Kent. Fact!

I'm sorry like the ECB's pitch panel passed it as ok!! Did you play on it? You're starting to sound like that fat girl Rob Key!!! Unless you are Rob Key??!?!?

:lol:

Rubbish!!

:lol:

It was shocking on a couple of occasions this season though. I think they got very, very lucky.

Think about the location of the Riverside. It's pretty difficult to keep the pitch in tip-top condition when there is much water and moisture around at times, infact the groundstaff have performed miracles on numerous times this season just to get any cricket at all. And at the end of the day BOTH teams have to play on the same pitch!!!!

You a Yorkshire fan or sommit by any chance?!?!

Think about the location of the Riverside. It's pretty difficult to keep the pitch in tip-top condition when there is much water and moisture around at times, infact the groundstaff have performed miracles on numerous times this season just to get any cricket at all. And at the end of the day BOTH teams have to play on the same pitch!!!!

I know it's difficult to get the pitch in top condition, but that still doesn't make it fair on the away team. I know both teams play on the same pitch, but one of them gets to play half of their games there, I wonder who it would affect the most?

Oh and by the way, I'm a Kent fan, so I'm well within my rights to be bitter about it :lol:

I know it's difficult to get the pitch in top condition, but that still doesn't make it fair on the away team. I know both teams play on the same pitch, but one of them gets to play half of their games there, I wonder who it would affect the most?

Oh and by the way, I'm a Kent fan, so I'm well within my rights to be bitter about it :lol:

So I guess the rest of the teams you played against had poor pitches too ?  O0