Amr Zaki

Dokko

When all this shit (yes i do realise we've got more pressing matters) has sorted itself out, we really need to get him in, Wigan freaks going a bit ~OTT by saying he's like Alan Shearer, but by god, if we had him a few years ago, we'd not have felt the black hole left by the big man (as much).

On loan...lets rape Wigan.

:aww:

I think the deal is set up that his move becomes permanent if he plays so many games.

Andy Gray said Wigan had nowt in the contract to make the deal permanent.

Andy Gray, infallible fountain of knowledge.

I think the deal is set up that his move becomes permanent if he plays so many games.

Got a source?

I remember either Steve Bruce or Whelan saying it a few weeks back.

To ward people off signing him probably. Not reliable at all (no offence) with so much gain for them to say such things imo.

Got a source?

"There's a deal in place, which we're fortunate to have, that if he meets certain criteria then he is ours, which is very reassuring," said Bruce.

"The deal is ours if we want it. It's written in our way, but it's when we eventually sign him that is the problem."

It it the most recent source we have & more than likely the reason this thread was started.

It it the most recent source we have & more than likely the reason this thread was started.

I'm just putting it out there, that um... commentators generally know fuck all.

Got a source?

"There's a deal in place, which we're fortunate to have, that if he meets certain criteria then he is ours, which is very reassuring," said Bruce.

"The deal is ours if we want it. It's written in our way, but it's when we eventually sign him that is the problem."

The player could still easily turn that down, or it would be permanent now.

I'm just putting it out there, that um... commentators generally know f*** all.

Aye, the one who said no goal for Reading was in the wrong as well then!!!

No option for Zaki deal says chief

Zamalek chairman Mamdouh Abbas insists there is not an option in Amr Zaki's loan contract with Wigan which offers a possible permanent deal.Egyptian striker Zaki has taken the Premier League by storm since arriving on a £1.25million season-long loan and has scored five goals in as many appearances for the Latics.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce recently revealed that a deal is in place to avoid Zaki being snatched away by a different club on a permanent basis.

But Abbas is adamant that is not the case and claims the only agreement is that Wigan are due to pay an additional £500,000 if Zaki scores 10 goals this term.

"Reports indicating that Wigan have an option to buy Zaki if they pay a certain amount of money are totally untrue," Abbas told Zamalek's official website.

"The clauses in Zaki's contract are very clear. Wigan signed him on loan for £1.25 million, and they would pay a further 500,000 if the player scored 10 goals this season.

"But Zamalek will have the sole right to sell Zaki to any interested club next summer.

http://www.zimbio.com/Amr+Zaki/articles/6/No+option+Zaki+deal+says+chief

Said this in the weekend matches thread, what stood out for me was the sheer amount of running he put in. Jonas isn't bad for us, but our players are so pedestrian in comparison. Wigan aren't particularly skilful side, but their attitude is 150% better than our players who are on probably twice the wages.

When all this s*** (yes i do realise we've got more pressing matters) has sorted itself out, we really need to get him in, Wigan freaks going a bit ~OTT by saying he's like Alan Shearer, but by god, if we had him a few years ago, we'd not have felt the black hole left by the big man (as much).

On loan...lets rape Wigan.

:aww:

You know, so many types on these boards (many of them currently ranting about Cockney Mafias) were moaning about Big Al during his last couple of years in a "What have you done for me lately" mentality that I said at the time that we'd bitterly regret when he packed up his boots

Even I didn't think it would be THIS bad.