Lack of "talkers" at NUFC

LooneyToonArmy

interesting point made by Kinnear.........not just cuz we`ve got zero confidence.

"Nicky Butt, who is a wonderful lad, Michael Owen and Shay Given are all personalities, but the other players are very quiet."

Thought Geremi was another one........anyways, just going back to the `good old days` when we had no shortage of characters/talkers like Killer Kilcline/Beresford/Ferdinand/Asprilla/Shearer/Lee etc who would gee players, joke around etc to keep spirits up......we just don`t have that now. When the next transfer window opens we surely have to buy some players that are not only half decent(!) but are not quiet ,and shy away on the corner of the dressing room on match days.

I'm surprised he never mentioned Taylor as that's all he seems to do, talk and point. Especially after his own fuck ups.

I was just about to post about the "pointers"

Taylor is bad for it, but Duff is the biggest culprit.  Usually just after he's sat on his arse again or not picked out a man or not got onto a through ball.

EDIT: I love this place..............

Opening post: Players don't talk enough (which is a good, valid point)

Poster number 2: Taylor talks, should probably have been mentioned.  He also fucks up lots.

Poster number 3: Taylor's a cunt

Poster number 4: Taylor's a cunt

What were we talking about again? :lol:

I'm surprised he never mentioned Taylor as that's all he seems to do, talk and point. Especially after his own fuck ups.

Taylor is bad for it, but Duff is the biggest culprit.  Usually just after he's sat on his arse again or not picked out a man or not got onto a through ball.

Aye Duff is frustrating when he just stands there flapping his arms when he doesn't get the ball.

Aye Duff is frustrating when he just stands there flapping his arms when he doesn't get the ball.

Reminds me of Kitson in that respect, deliberately stands with a defender between him & the man with the ball then screams for the pass, when there's no chance it will get to him.

Reminds me of Kitson in that respect, deliberately stands with a defender between him & the man with the ball then screams for the pass, when there's no chance it will get to him.

I've always hated Paul Kitson.

Can't really look any further than the captain on this one.

If he's not stepping up with communication, then who is?

Token captain.

"Nicky Butt, who is a wonderful lad, Michael Owen and Shay Given are all personalities, but the other players are very quiet."

Did we read this part. ;)

Token captain.

Did we read this part. ;)

I really don't care how vocal Owen is to his horses, its on the pitch that counts, suppose Kinnear is an expert after no games in charge of him.

N'Zogbi must the quietest professional footballer ever, I sit very near the front in the Milburn paddock and I've only ever heard him ask for a pass once and he never gives a man on or anything like that.  Even Robert was more vocal than him.

N'Zogbi must the quietest professional footballer ever, I sit very near the front in the Milburn paddock and I've only ever heard him ask for a pass once and he never gives a man on or anything like that.  Even Robert was more vocal than him.

Robert was by all accounts very outspoken in the dressing room tbh, dont know about the pitch

Token captain.

I'd agree with this. Owen does not look like a captain. He's showing plenty of enthusiasm but he seems to have a nervous, haunted air about him which doesn't really inspire confidence.

I think Keegan made him captain because he wanted to quell the idea that he and Owen couldn't get on, following Owen's criticism of Keegan as England manager. He also wanted to give the message that Owen was fully committed to the club, in the face of all the doubts.

A poor decision on both counts IMO.

Token captain.

I'd agree with this. Owen does not look like a captain. He's showing plenty of enthusiasm but he seems to have a nervous, haunted air about him which doesn't really inspire confidence.

I think Keegan made him captain because he wanted to quell the idea that he and Owen couldn't get on, following Owen's criticism of Keegan as England manager. He also wanted to give the message that Owen was fully committed to the club, in the face of all the doubts.

A poor decision on both counts IMO.

At the time it was the best choice, and only choice. Now its not looking so good. Our best player is captain, its what you do when you don't have any natural leaders, KK had no choice really.

Robert was by all accounts very outspoken in the dressing room tbh, dont know about the pitch

Robert never seemed to demand the ball just simply expect it and you always new what was coming if he hadn't seen it for a while and that was a wild effort from about 40 yards.  Don't get me wrong I'm not slagging him off as I loved watching him play and would always trade his faults the goals assists etc just mentioning that he seemed quiet on the pitch but compared to Charles he was noisy as anything.

Just seemed an apt comparison as both French playing on the left and we get to here quite a bit on when the play is on the wing and I do realise the flaw in that N'Zogbia is a lot younger than Robert and the fact that I bet Robson's team was a lot easier to play in than this one.

Barton seems like someone who would give a rocket or gee someone up.

Don't think he can communicate properly through a muzzle though.

That's ok because he communicates through the medium of sign language, otherwise known as his fists.