South African businessmen ?

Guest Phil K

Latest so-called consortium on Talk Radio saying South African businessmen.....wonder if the Nigerian consortium racist ranters on here would take offence at this lot ? :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm still waiting for a serious bidder......someone who will INVEST

Latest so-called consortium on Talk Radio saying South African businessmen.....wonder if the Nigerian consortium racist ranters on here would take offence at this lot ? :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm still waiting for a serious bidder......someone who will INVEST

You're fucking bonkers.

I know its wrong but I feel like if we dont get an arab multi billionaire we might aswell not even bother.

Agree to some extent.  Or at least someone whose "worth" isn't so completely tied in their various businesses that they have no spendable cash to invest.

I know its wrong but I feel like if we dont get an arab multi billionaire we might aswell not even bother.

Agree to some extent.  Or at least someone whose "worth" isn't so completely tied in their various businesses that they have no spendable cash to invest.

Aye.

I'll be happy with anyone who is willing to back their chosen manager's decisions, even if that's only within a modest transfer budget.

as long as the club ain't used for money laundering which is my main concern, wonder if Martins has had a few words with some of his fellow countrymen?

I'll be happy with anyone who is willing to back their chosen manager's decisions, even if that's only within a modest transfer budget.

me too, with the condition that their chosen manager isnt a complete pillock

Well that goes without saying. :lol:

All I mean is that whilst a multi-billionaire willing to pump in hundreds of millions would perhaps be nice, all I'm after deep down is a return to normality. To me that is the manager having total control of his squad, regardless of the transfer budget. I'll not be up in arms if the new owner says there's not so much to spend (ie spending within our means), as long as everyone knows who is in charge of spending it.

I don't think it was racist the reservations people have of the Nigerian consortium, slightly stereotyped, ai, but not at all racist

Think you missed the point (completely !)

I was highly p*****d off by - not a few either - some sneering "racism" at anyone who doubted the authenticity or desirability of the "Nigerian Consortium"

So when this bunch threw their hat into the ring I couldn't resist rattling their cages....and as for the South Africans themselves - never met a bad one yet. And the crap they have to put up with from pedestal lecturers they behave with staggering patience (I couldn't take such moronic "I've been told what I think" crap without lashing out) 

I dont know why South African businessmen are looked down upon, Barclays Bank has done quite well.

Barclays traces back to London in 1690, and they were Quakers, like Lloyds I believe.

ALL banks fund nasty regimes.

Which was exactly my point a few days ago before the "Guardian clones" got on their high horses.

me too, with the condition that their chosen manager isnt a complete pillock

Well that goes without saying. :lol:

All I mean is that whilst a multi-billionaire willing to pump in hundreds of millions would perhaps be nice, all I'm after deep down is a return to normality. To me that is the manager having total control of his squad, regardless of the transfer budget. I'll not be up in arms if the new owner says there's not so much to spend (ie spending within our means), as long as everyone knows who is in charge of spending it.

Best steer clear of Keegan unless they are prepared to back him with big money. KK wouldn't be happy wheeling and dealing to get players in, he'd need significant funds otherwise no chance of him contemplating coming back IMO.

I don't think it was racist the reservations people have of the Nigerian consortium, slightly stereotyped, ai, but not at all racist

Think you missed the point (completely !)

I was highly p*****d off by - not a few either - some sneering "racism" at anyone who doubted the authenticity or desirability of the "Nigerian Consortium"

So when this bunch threw their hat into the ring I couldn't resist rattling their cages....and as for the South Africans themselves - never met a bad one yet. And the crap they have to put up with from pedestal lecturers they behave with staggering patience (I couldn't take such moronic "I've been told what I think" crap without lashing out) 

Which was exactly my point a few days ago before the "Guardian clones" got on their high horses.

I've just read the OP again, and yeah, I completely missed the point.  :blush: