The OFFICIAL Suggestion Thread !!!

Guest ToonFanNorway

Guest ToonFanNorway

Ok instead of having hundreds of threads on the same issue(NOT THE BIG ISSUE INVICTA) post them all in here!!!

I.E

SHEPHERD OOT !!! Your Views--------

ROEDER OOT !!!

THE TEAM !!!!

THE FUTURE !!!

Ok instead of having hundreds of threads on the same issue(NOT THE BIG ISSUE INVICTA) post them all in here!!!

I.E

SJH's talking out of his arse to be honest and i don't know how he dare belittle the fans by standing up for Shepherd. He's a great man at this club and always will be, but if we've got the likes of the club President satisfied with the current state of affairs, and the current mess that our Chairman has put us in, it's a sad case.

Aye, Dalglish, Gullit, Souness and Roeder were all clueless - but it all leads back to the Chairman. It's the Chairman that appoints them. What man in his right mind gives Graeme Souness (a man who crucified very good sides in the past, and we were a very good side) £50m to spend on players?

Jean-Alain Boumsong... £8m

Amdy Faye ... £2m

Celestine Babayaro ... £1m

Belozoglu Emre ... £4m

Albert Luque ... £9.5m

All have turned out to be average, or simply not good enough. Add to that the extortianate fee that we paid for Michael Owen, £17m, and as much as i was chuffed that we'd signed him, we were totally ripped off paying more than double what Madrid had paid for him the year before.

And besides, Souness should never have been appointed anyway. And that fantastic Euro-succeeding squad was murdered the season that Souness came in. Sir Bobby Robson should never have left the club... never ever ever. He took us from definite relegation, to 11th in the Premiership, and then to 4th, 3rd, and 5th and into respected - rock hard European opponents.

That season, Freddy Shepherd sold Gary Speed behind Bobby's back. Speed - the rock that was our midfield. The spine of the side - the leader with Shearer. It was absolute madness that Gary Speed left, and for £700,000 aswell. Absolute madness. When we lost Gary Speed, the spine of our team just fell to pieces. We were left with the likes of Jenas and Bowyer to pick up the pieces.

Sir Bobby Robson should never have left the club, and nor should the likes of Gary Speed. And the likes of Souness should never, ever have been brought in. The manager of a good side who were currently bottom of the English Premiership. Oh aye, he's really gonna better Bobby's record isn't he.

And then to give him that amount of money to spend? Cuckoo if you ask me.

And to appoint Roeder on the back of 11 or 12 games? Yeah, Roeder did a marvellous job - but he is not a good manager and should never have been appointed. The amount of times Freddy Shepherd lied to the fans over the new manager "The great managers are cueing up... We're going to appoint a world class manager...". He goes and appoints an inexperienced manager with a hurrendous Premiership record.

Madness.

The above is just things off the top of my head. You need to look around the anti-Shepherd websites to get a full grasp of things.

ROEDER OOT !!!

Agreed. Simply not good enough. Roeder should have refused the job like he said he was going to do - he should have stuck by his comments throughout the back end of last season, by saying that he didn't want the job. He should have gone down as the hero that saved us from Souness, and got us back into Europe, and gone down in the history books as that.

But now, by staying on full-time, he'll go down in history as the manager that relegated us from the Premiership for the very first time. That's if he stays of course.

He's a bad manager. Clueless in the transfer martket, doesn't know how to pick a team, doesn't know what substitutions are, destroys players altogether (Luque might have been good for us, how will we know?), too media-friendly, talks out of his arse, etc etc. He simply is not a good manager and when you look at some of the players that are at his disposal, and the results we are getting, there is clearly something going wrong behind the scenes.

Plus, he's brought in muppets and he has not got a good coaching staff. Nigel Pearson? Oh yeah, he's really going to help us turn into a class side, i mean he did a cracking job with West Brom didn't he. :roll:

Roeder doesn't know what he's doing half the time, nor does the Chairman, nor do the fans, and i bet sometimes - nor do the players.

He needs to go.

THE TEAM !!!!

Definitely good enough to be in the top half of this division. There are much worse sides in the top half of the table than us. Bolton, arguably, don't really have as good an 11 as us on paper, except from the defense. Nor do Portsmouth, except from the defense. Nor do Villa, etc. Which leads me back to Roeder's incompetence - the transfer window was an absolute balls up. Why didn't he improve the defense? Madness.

But this team is good enough to be in the top half of the table. Unfortunately, the defense is weak and will not get any better with this manager - and that has a knock-on effect throughout the rest of the team. Which is why we'll definitely finish in the bottom half, possibly even relegated.

THE FUTURE !!!

Grim.

I.E

SJH's talking out of his arse to be honest and i don't know how he dare belittle the fans by standing up for Shepherd. He's a great man at this club and always will be, but if we've got the likes of the club President satisfied with the current state of affairs, and the current mess that our Chairman has put us in, it's a sad case.

Aye, Dalglish, Gullit, Souness and Roeder were all clueless - but it all leads back to the Chairman. It's the Chairman that appoints them. What man in his right mind gives Graeme Souness (a man who crucified very good sides in the past, and we were a very good side) £50m to spend on players?

Jean-Alain Boumsong... £8m

Amdy Faye ... £2m

Celestine Babayaro ... £1m

Belozoglu Emre ... £4m

Albert Luque ... £9.5m

All have turned out to be average, or simply not good enough. Add to that the extortianate fee that we paid for Michael Owen, £17m, and as much as i was chuffed that we'd signed him, we were totally ripped off paying more than double what Madrid had paid for him the year before.

And besides, Souness should never have been appointed anyway. And that fantastic Euro-succeeding squad was murdered the season that Souness came in. Sir Bobby Robson should never have left the club... never ever ever. He took us from definite relegation, to 11th in the Premiership, and then to 4th, 3rd, and 5th and into respected - rock hard European opponents.

That season, Freddy Shepherd sold Gary Speed behind Bobby's back. Speed - the rock that was our midfield. The spine of the side - the leader with Shearer. It was absolute madness that Gary Speed left, and for £700,000 aswell. Absolute madness. When we lost Gary Speed, the spine of our team just fell to pieces. We were left with the likes of Jenas and Bowyer to pick up the pieces.

Sir Bobby Robson should never have left the club, and nor should the likes of Gary Speed. And the likes of Souness should never, ever have been brought in. The manager of a good side who were currently bottom of the English Premiership. Oh aye, he's really gonna better Bobby's record isn't he.

And then to give him that amount of money to spend? Cuckoo if you ask me.

And to appoint Roeder on the back of 11 or 12 games? Yeah, Roeder did a marvellous job - but he is not a good manager and should never have been appointed. The amount of times Freddy Shepherd lied to the fans over the new manager "The great managers are cueing up... We're going to appoint a world class manager...". He goes and appoints an inexperienced manager with a hurrendous Premiership record.

Madness.

The above is just things off the top of my head. You need to look around the anti-Shepherd websites to get a full grasp of things.

ROEDER OOT !!!

Agreed. Simply not good enough. Roeder should have refused the job like he said he was going to do - he should have stuck by his comments throughout the back end of last season, by saying that he didn't want the job. He should have gone down as the hero that saved us from Souness, and got us back into Europe, and gone down in the history books as that.

But now, by staying on full-time, he'll go down in history as the manager that relegated us from the Premiership for the very first time. That's if he stays of course.

He's a bad manager. Clueless in the transfer martket, doesn't know how to pick a team, doesn't know what substitutions are, destroys players altogether (Luque might have been good for us, how will we know?), too media-friendly, talks out of his arse, etc etc. He simply is not a good manager and when you look at some of the players that are at his disposal, and the results we are getting, there is clearly something going wrong behind the scenes.

Plus, he's brought in muppets and he has not got a good coaching staff. Nigel Pearson? Oh yeah, he's really going to help us turn into a class side, i mean he did a cracking job with West Brom didn't he. :roll:

Roeder doesn't know what he's doing half the time, nor does the Chairman, nor do the fans, and i bet sometimes - nor do the players.

He needs to go.

THE TEAM !!!!

Definitely good enough to be in the top half of this division. There are much worse sides in the top half of the table than us. Bolton, arguably, don't really have as good an 11 as us on paper, except from the defense. Nor do Portsmouth, except from the defense. Nor do Villa, etc. Which leads me back to Roeder's incompetence - the transfer window was an absolute balls up. Why didn't he improve the defense? Madness.

But this team is good enough to be in the top half of the table. Unfortunately, the defense is weak and will not get any better with this manager - and that has a knock-on effect throughout the rest of the team. Which is why we'll definitely finish in the bottom half, possibly even relegated.

THE FUTURE !!!

Grim.

I'm not arguing, im just asking your opinion.  Why did Roeder do so well last season then?  Surely it wasnt just luck.

Probably a combination of momentum, confidence, Shearer hitting the 201, the relief of Souness leaving, etc. Oh and yeah - a better team.

Was the team really better though?  Shearer wasnt really upto much, nor chopra.  Bowyer and parker were mainly injured.  We've gained Duff, Rossi, the mighty sib and martins.  I know not the greatest summer, but dont really think we weakened, at least much.

In most people's opinion the current squad is without doubt (on paper) good enough for the top half of the Premiership at least. Therefore it is evident Roeder is unable to mould these players into a decent team, the proof is there in front of everyone the league table does not lie. If results don't go our way in the next two league games(Sheff Uth H, Citeh A) he has to go, no doubt about it. Even if they brought Venables in till the end of the season(as 'boro did a few years ago) to ensure we stay in the division it would give us a bit time to take stock, get someone(apart from Shepherd) to headhunt a good manager who can take the club forward and build from there. If the unthinkable happened and we were relegated, I fear it would be years before we returned to the premiership, and even longer to re establish ourselves as one of the top clubs in the country if ever. We could potentially be in a worse state than Leeds if we went down, as the debt which paid for the ground is secured against season ticket sales. Would we sell 45,000 season tickets in the championship? I think not

Guest assyriantoon

Glenn Roeder's time at Newcastle United Football club is quickly running out. I am torn between my fear of the club being relegated and my knowledge that Freddy Shepherd will amost definantly sign someone of equal or lower standard to Glenn Roeder. In my opinion the club should be prowling around europes lesser known but more successful managers, (considering we can no longer attract top class managers such as Ottmar Hitzfeld) and I would like to suggest that we replace Roeder with Trond Sollied. However, I am sure that the clubs current board will not consider this person as a credible candidate and will almost definantly appoint a British Manager who is doomed to failure from the start.

For the future of Newcastle United Football Club,

Freddy Shepherd must leave!

Guest Gemmill

HTL for a PR job

That would be great.

I can just see him affecting exaggerated mock yawns when the press pack suggest Shepherd might not be up to the job.  Perhaps the odd "I'm a little teapot" limp-wristed pose directed at anyone that dares to suggest Parker had a good game.

Guest The Fox

Yes and swearing at everyone who questioned him, and throwing a welcome back party for Lee Bowyer. The scenarios are endless.

He would deny Oliver access though which would be a positive.

SHEPHERD OOT !!! Yes agree with that!

ROEDER OOT !!!  Yes agree with that also, because I do not believe he has the tactical nouse to get the best from the team. Eg against Charlton as has been stated many times, WHY was A.L not played? It was as plane as the nose on yor face things were NOT going to change after 60mins, so what was to be lost? It was evident that Seppie was not getting into the game ( maybe tired, but also no service ), and Nobby looked a bit out of form in the 2nd half. To me putting Luque on and Milner was a good idea at the 60m mark. But that never happened and the game slipped away from us! If I were Luque I would be looking for a move come the new year as its obvious he has fallen way out of favour at the toon.

Roeder should be replaced with my original choice OTTMAR HITZFELD as he is still without a team and is probably the highest qualified manager in Europe.

THE TEAM !!!! Just needs a good manager and a bit of lady luck with respect to injuries.

THE FUTURE!!!! Its relegation if we keep this up, and I cannot see anything changing unless there is a change of chairman or manager, there is something which is SO fundamentally wrong with the club there needs to be a cleanout from the top!!!

Come on OTTMAR there's a job to be done, THIS club needs YOU!!!!!!