Nigel Pearson today

Dave

To me it looked like the new assistant manager was doing all the work today.

Whilst Dowie was cajoling his players during the final period, Roeder just fucking stood there doing nowt, Pearson was the one giving instructions to Parker during a break in play, and the one rushing out and shouting to the players.

Doing the fucking coaching basically. Not happy.

Not making any comparison but you often see Pat Rice giving the instructions to the Arsenal team and I've seen Carlos Quieroz giving instructions the Man. United tema before.

To me this is just another cheap attempt to stick the boot in on Roeder.

Good, cos it would be quite a shit comparison, considering both Wenger and Ferguson have shown themselves to be rather decent managers.

I'm just less than impressed that a guy who's been here less than a week is already having to instruct the players because the manager isn't.

As the second half wore on and it became obvious we were running out of steam, Roeders no show on the touch line actually made me really angry. Don't know what I expected him to say, but him doing nothing really bugged me.

a lot of managers have that set up with their assistants. sven and mclaren is another example.

Roeder's general lack of leadership and inability to motivate the team is quite worrying though. just getting in a meathead assistant isn't going to change that, glenn just doesn't have natural authority and this undermines anything else he might be good at. coaching for example, he could be a top-class coach, but if he doesn't have the charisma and authority to get his points across, then it will all be wasted. probably why he is better working with kids.

Quite a shit comparison, considering both Wenger and Ferguson have shown themselves to be pretty decent managers.

I'm just less than impressed that a guy who's been here less than a week is already having to instruct the players because the manager isn't.

First off which part of "Not making any comparison" did you not understand?

Second off what makes you assume that Roeder was not giving the instructions to Pearson?

Quite a shit comparison, considering both Wenger and Ferguson have shown themselves to be pretty decent managers.

Agree totally with that. Could be wrong here but got the impression Roeder 'hid' in the dugout because feared a bit of stick from the crowd had he come to the touchline. Reminded me of Sven tbh... bluebigeek.gif

Stozo, I edited my post. I read yours too quickly, apologies.

As Johnny posted more concisely, it worries me that the manager seems to be doing nothing and the assistant is having to motivate them.

I don't think Roeder was giving him instructions at the end of the match unless he was doing sign language behind his back.

Stozo, I edited my post. I read yours too quickly, apologies.

No Problem Mate

As Johnny

I don't think Roeder was giving him instructions unless he was doing sign language behind his back.

Don't know if you were at the game or where you where were seated so I don't know if you were able to see Roeder or Pearson but from watching on Sky I saw one occasion where Roeder and pearson were in discussion, so I would think they would have been discussing tactics, also obviously Sky don't show too much of the sidelines so it is impossible for me to know just how much discussion between the two went on.

There was a quite perfect moment in the last 3 minutes when the camera cut to Dowie and he was passing on alot of tactical instructions to his side and then it cut to Roeder and he was shouting "Come on" to his side.

There was a quite perfect moment in the last 3 minutes when the camera cut to Dowie and he was passing on alot of tactical instructions to his side and then it cut to Roeder and he was shouting "Come on" to his side.

If I work for Sky, I bet I could produce a clip that showed a reverse of that situation.

Smacks of the end of the Souness era, with the manager just staying in the dugout most of the game, except to shout mild encouragement on a handful of occasions, or slag off the officials.

As Johnny

I don't think Roeder was giving him instructions unless he was doing sign language behind his back.

Don't know if you were at the game or where you where were seated so I don't know if you were able to see Roeder or Pearson but from watching on Sky I saw one occasion where Roeder and pearson were in discussion, so I would think they would have been discussing tactics, also obviously Sky don't show too much of the sidelines so it is impossible for me to know just how much discussion between the two went on.

I was sat in the Milburn, second row. In the second half when Charlton were in our half a lot I watched Roeder and Pearson, and there were a few times where Roeder was already stood up and Pearson ran out, past him and started shouting. He can't have taken instructions then.

Guest smoggeordie

Roeder is fucking finished as NUFC manager. He's as clueless a cunt as his bastard predesesor (or how the fuck you spell it)

:lol:

Guest The Fox

He was finished when he was appointed. If it had not been for the small honeymoon period last season when he did well then nobody would have wanted him as Manager.

The powers that be decided to ignore all of his previous years track record and appoint him on the basis of 3 months.

They are now about to pay the penalty.