DISGRACE......Judicial system is a JOKE.....

Jay Jay Sea

Does seem light, but I suppose there are a few mitigating factors:

* The guy obviously just meant to punch him and not do as much damage as actually happened

* He pleaded guilty

* The prisons are packed

Isn't manslaughter the charge with the biggest range of sentences? So just because it's called 'manslaughter' doesn't mean he's going to go down for years.

Punching him for not giving him a ciggy should have meant a 8 year stretch at least.

I'd understand if he'd killed him by accident in a fight, 18 months is more fitting, but an unprovoked attack over something so trivial deserves a massive sentence. Also, his family have form in terms of killing people.

Scum.

Punching him for not giving him a ciggy should have meant a 8 year stretch at least.

I'd understand if he'd killed him by accident in a fight, 18 months is more fitting, but an unprovoked attack over something so trivial deserves a massive sentence. Also, his family have form in terms of killing people.

Scum.

agree 100% apart from the family bit. that should have no bearing on things.

Scum.

agree 100%

I'm a firm believer in the death penalty

you kill your killed, solves jail overcrowding and silly sentancing

regardless of how you take someones life away, you are taking the most precious thing they have. andthe punishment should be fitting.

if its an accident then maybe exceptions can be made

but 18 months is an insult of a sentance

So if you punch someone and he falls over and hits his head you should be executed? :kasper:

Scum.

agree 100%

regardless of how you take someones life away, you are taking the most precious thing they have. andthe punishment should be fitting.

So if you punch someone and he falls over and hits his head you should be executed? :kasper:

what if it was no accident, but the wrong person is convicted, as has happened once or twice ?

Scum.

agree 100%

what if it was no accident, but the wrong person is convicted, as has happened once or twice ?

its obviously not a perfect system, and it does'nt have to be an instant execution everybody should have the right to appeal against the decision.

to try and prevent cases where mistakes have been made.

Scum.

agree 100%

its obviously not a perfect system, and it does'nt have to be an instant execution everybody should have the right to appeal against the decision.

to try and prevent cases where mistakes have been made.

how many appeals have been turned down then still later the person found not guilty eg barry george.

i'd rather 100 guilty men in prison than 1 innocent man hung.

* The guy obviously just meant to punch him and not do as much damage as actually happened

* He pleaded guilty

* The prisons are packed

Isn't manslaughter the charge with the biggest range of sentences? So just because it's called 'manslaughter' doesn't mean he's going to go down for years.

That should never be a deciding factor in a sentance.

* He pleaded guilty

* The prisons are packed

That should never be a deciding factor in a sentance.

Ideally I agree, but the justice system has to exist in the real world.

(Don't know whether it was a factor anyway, obviously, just guessing)

Guest lankybellwipe

you punch someone+ they die, you should do 15 years minimum, there is no justice in this country.

What if you get lucky, they fall over and just get back up and live happily ever after?

Before doing you over for not finishing the job!

My brother was assaulted his local a couple of years ago. He was talking to this lass who he knew and her nutter boyfriend walked in, took exception to the fact and pinned him up against a wall ad punched him straight in the face breaking his glasses into his eyes. The glass missed his eyeball by millimeters and he had stitches in his eyelid and cheek. After much soul-searching he decided to prosecute as this lad has previous and my bro didn't want it to happen again to anyone. He went through a horrible few months, ended up giving evidence in court. The tosser stood up in court, lied his arse off about how my brother has threatened him with a pool cue so he hit him in self-defence (all absolute bollocks but the girlfriend lied and backed him up) The jury found him not guilty and he walked out of court with a smug smile towards my bro on his way out. My bro is permanently scarred and has lost all faith in any kind of justice and I'll never forgive them.  I'm just waiting for the day that something happens to this lad and he ends up in hospital himself, because if he ends up in my theatre I'm going to wait til we're just about to anaesthetise him and then tell him who I am....

Guest lankybellwipe

Yep and none of them had the balls to go to court and testify. The bairn had gone out with my dad who had gone to the loo - he came out of the toilet to find my brother on the floor bleeding.

Was the assailant a known person, or some wannabe mafia recruit?

Sounds to me like the Cat family has been truly shit on!

Sorry for the swearword, but actions require responses!

Yep and none of them had the balls to go to court and testify. The bairn had gone out with my dad who had gone to the loo - he came out of the toilet to find my brother on the floor bleeding.

The assailant was a local thug with a reputation. We think that witnesses refused to co-operate due to the fear of repercussions.

The day he got let off was one of the VERY few times I have called someone a c**t without guilt or understatement.

Guest lankybellwipe

The assailant was a local thug with a reputation. We think that witnesses refused to co-operate due to the fear of repercussions.

The day he got let off was one of the VERY few times I have called someone a c**t without guilt or understatement.

wouldn't blame you pet!

Guest LucaAltieri

On the other hand my brother really did punch a guy in face in self-defence and ended up in court because he fractured his skull when he hit the deck. Courts have to go on the evidence that's available.