Apathy?

Dokko

Apathy is the lack of emotion, motivation, or enthusiasm. Apathy is a psychological term for a state of indifference — where an individual is unresponsive or "indifferent" to aspects of emotional, social, or physical life. Clinical apathy is considered to be at an elevated level, while a moderate level might be considered depression, and an extreme level could be diagnosed as a dissociative disorder. The physical aspect of apathy associated with physical deterioration, muscle loss, and lack of energy is called lethargy — which has many pathological causes as well.

Apathy can be object-specific — toward a person, activity or environment. It is a common reaction to stress where it manifests as "learned helplessness" and is commonly associated with depression. It can also reflect a non-pathological lack of interest in things one does not consider important.

Certain drugs are known to cause symptoms associated with or leading to apathy. Apathy is also very similar to laziness, and may be an extreme form of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else feeling it?

It will kill this club, but i feel its creeping in, sorry, but am feeling it. I care, i just dont feel angry anymore, and am angry about everything, but NUFC is starting to be brushed off with a laugh, a smile, and am doing anything to show am numb and dont feel it.

But am still willing to post here at 12:20am to tell you this, so maybe am not totally lost.

Fuk lads, am sick of it, really fuking sick of it.

Yeah, the apathy that kicked in during the Souness era is rearing its head again  bluesigh.gif

Yeah, thats exactly were its coming from.

But worse, as i still had anger then, anger at Souness, i feel for some reason that i cant get angry with Glenn, not in the way i should do.

Yeah, the apathy that kicked in during the Souness era is rearing its head again  bluesigh.gif

Sure is... not quite as extreme yet. For example, I was really looking forward to today thinking we could finally pick up a few points.... :(

We're well on our way though.

Yes, it's beginning to kick in. Not as bad as it was under Souness, i was very apathetic back then, it just got the state where i didn't care. Worryingly, the recent results are worse than those under Souness. I can feel more angry though now because i know we're capable, whereas under Souness we never were. And i'm angry because of the way we are losing. Plus, we've got a manager who's decisions and comments make me livid.

But worse, as i still had anger then, anger at Souness, i feel for some reason that i cant get angry with Glenn, not in the way i should do.

Same here, Souness did make it easy to hate him though. Just feel sorry for Roeder tbh!

The apathy is worse than under Souness.

Under Souness, I could point to specific instances where he was killing the club and making us lose.  Under Roeder, I don't honestly know what I would have done differently to change the result.  No Titus, but that wouldn't have made a difference this afternoon.  Luque on for 15-20 min maybe, but he hasn't shown a lot.  Drop Carr maybe?  But is that going to make Duff & Rossi hit the target?

For the last half hour of that match you were just waiting for the chorus of boos at the end.  But here's the sad fact that every supporter of a struggling side wants to avoid: it's just not a very good team.

Guest Invicta_Toon

same here, Souness filled me with complete rage

now, couldn't be fucked tbh

For me, I think the apathy stems from the fact that, whereas with Souness there was an obvious centre to the crap, now, well the whole ship is fucked, what the chairman does, what the manager does, what the players do, it's clearly all shite, and it's exacerbated because I can't see any quick way that any of that gets changed.

so I just sit back and have a laugh at some of the more hysterical people around for whom the apathy hasn't taken hold yet and dream of a time many years in the future.... blueyes.gif

That's because he is a nice bloke. Useless manager but if we stick with him for the rest of the season we will be relegated.

Indifferent towards the result and game play, which means no emotion whether positive or negative, i.e don't care, don't support. That happened to me over a year ago, it was the first time yesterday that I watched a full game, because I was pretty bored, and the feeling is still there, I could have been watching the dustbin man (refuse collector) as he goes about his work.

I don't think it's possible to be apathetic and a supporter, because naturally you want your team to win and play good.