Recommend me a broadband package

Decky

Looking for something cheap as being in the countryside my line only supports 512kbps. Would like it to be unlimited though to stop getting raped with usage charges. So far O2 broadband seems the cheapest as im currently an O2 customer, but it costs near £20 p/m if they need support from BT and giving where i live, they prob will, having said that dont BT own O2? ??? Any help is welcomed, cheers

Guest thefishman

Ive been with aol, sky, virgin and be. Im now on o2 and its the best most stable package ever and only 7. 50 a month, im also getting 6.4 meg connection speed wich is the best out of the lot.

IMO sky = crap drops like pamela andersons knickers, aol= crap speed and just shite, virgin = drops every seven minutes, be = total rip off and shite.

Nope, Newry :)

If that's the case, my folks have TalkTalk at home in Derry and (I think) its about £25 (which includes your BT line rental) for 8mb broadband and free local and national calls. They've had it for a couple of years and it's been pretty reliable...

Got Tiscali, for years BT bullshitted me saying in the country i could only get 512kbps and my upload speed would be around 150kbps. Just did a line test with Tiscali, getting 1.51mbps download and 377kbps upload :rolleyes: Good times though

The site is fine; you're using Tiscali through BT's equipment rather than their own (LLU - faster speed etc).

The good news is you're slated for 21CN switchover pretty soon - that might give you more options.

• 4 years later...

I'm looking for someone other than Sky. I'm not convinced I need to dish out for sports channels anymore. I just need a good broadband connection and Freeview with maybe TopUp TV, I reckon.  Where's the best place to go to from here?