Right - what cuts are the Govt going to have to make ........

Rob W

As we're all buggered for years what cuts will they make to Public Expenditure............

1.    ID cards

2.    Two Aircraft carriers

3.    Afghanistan

4.    Academy Schools (some)

5.  £ 65 million for two paintings

6.  increased salaries for public service workers

7.  that railway from essex across to Maidenhead under Landahn

8.  most of the Olympic buildings

any others???????

There's many billions to be saved by scrapping Nuclear weapons by the way, if any government had the balls to do it.

Trident costs UK taxpayers only £2 Billion pounds per year. I think thats good value from the threat of being nuked. Now even if that wasn't a likely scenario we would end up getting bullied on the international stage by nations that are nuclear armed. Russia has in recently stepped up its long ranging bomber patrols and have come very close to UK airspace. Without it we would get treated like mugs on the international stage and lose power and influence and be worse of economicly as a  result.

I would rather see other things cut before this like the 2012 Olympic games which will end up costing us a lot as the money made from increased toursism wont ofset the inevitable cost over runs. Other than an oppurtunity for a bit of flag waving there wont be any long term benefit from this.

Guest LucaAltieri

Why would they have to cut out anything? They're now major shareholders in the banking sector. This time next year they'll be raking it in.

Guest optimistic nit

There's many billions to be saved by scrapping Nuclear weapons by the way, if any government had the balls to do it.

Trident costs UK taxpayers only £2 Billion pounds per year. I think thats good value from the threat of being nuked. Now even if that wasn't a likely scenario we would end up getting bullied on the international stage by nations that are nuclear armed. Russia has in recently stepped up its long ranging bomber patrols and have come very close to UK airspace. Without it we would get treated like mugs on the international stage and lose power and influence and be worse of economicly as a  result.

I would rather see other things cut before this like the 2012 Olympic games which will end up costing us a lot as the money made from increased toursism wont ofset the inevitable cost over runs. Other than an oppurtunity for a bit of flag waving there wont be any long term benefit from this.

when has an arms race ever ended badly?

when has an arms race ever ended badly?

WW1?

I think the ordinary tax payer in this country should live on starvation wages until the banks are back on their feet and back to their old position of closing businesses and turfing people out of their homes because it costs the bank money to let them continue  :angry:

Have they actually started rolling out the ID cards yet? Ian Brown talked them out of that one I think.

soon - they start with Legal IMMIGRANTS THEN WORKERS AT AIRPORTS...............

first ones will be issued next month iirc