XBOX Gamerscore Experience points

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Maybe a bit of a silly question to ask but, is there any purpose for the XBOX Gamerscore Experience points?

I only ask because I've read people elsewhere talking about specifically buying certain games (e.g. Peter Jackson's King Kong) because they are relatively easy games to get the full points for completion. I don't see that as a reason to buy a game unless you can actually do something with the points.

They're useless.

Christ! People are sad enough to buy games just to get points that show how 'good' they are on Xbox 360? Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Yup. Just a number.

Tooj - Two more days, you bastard.

They're just there to give an extra challenge to a game, i quite like them tbh.. Adds replay value to a game.

I agree, adds replay value and gives a little bit more depth to a game (i.e. not just aiming to finish).

It's pathetic really, but it works!

I agree that I like the little challenges each game has but I was surprised people bought specific games just to get points that have no real value.

• 3 months later...

I agree, adds replay value and gives a little bit more depth to a game (i.e. not just aiming to finish).

It's pathetic really, but it works!

Agree, but the "find the 4000 secret boxes" and shit like that are silly, and the people who hunt for it are a tad pathetic (mate of mine is obsessed with this. Pigeons on GTA4 etc...)

You get a prize.

If you get enough, you get a ps3 so you can play with the big boys.

There are like 3 ps3 users around here and this is all you ever say. You're really fucking boring.

:colo: