Violin Players..?

Guest Open_C

I don't play violin, but vanessa may was on loose women today (haha I watched it). I'd recommend an acoustic violin, mainly for cost. It seemed a pretty hard instrument to pick up, and I'd recommend lessons for technique purposes (though you probably don't need me to tell you that). All I know is that you will sound shit for a long time, until you get the hang of it.

Good luck.

Guest lankybellwipe

Violin? Are you taking the piss?

Young Kevin!

For a lad whose bum fluff is still in the incubator, you certainly state your prescence!  O0

What they f***'s wrong with playing the violin? I played the cello for 3 years, but gave up in order to focus on guitar.

Whats right with them?

You're cool.

W8 , why wud u play violyn? Coz tinnies r better lyke.

Anyone who wants to sit and fucking play a weird looking instrument that makes the most irritating noise must be one freak/nerd/no life.

Waste of time, waste of money, they are useless.

Of course this is my opinion though.

What they f***'s wrong with playing the violin? I played the cello for 3 years, but gave up in order to focus on guitar.

Whats right with them?

You're cool.

Anyone who wants to sit and f***ing play a weird looking instrument that makes the most irritating noise must be one freak/nerd/no life.

Says it all.

Whats right with them?

You're cool.

Anyone who wants to sit and fucking play a weird looking instrument that makes the most irritating noise must be one freak/nerd/no life.

Wow. letz get pissed listen to sum sick grime and rnb n hip hop innit n den go shag sum 14 yr old. well hard get me.

Your opinion is extremely undeveloped in terms of mental state, it's pre-pubescent in nature. You have no appreciation of anything in life. Yes, I can tell this from your opinion on violins and violins alone. The advancement of the brain that can be achieved through learning an instrument, the co-ordination involved and the beauty that can be appreciated from listening to orchestral/strings arrangements, they're all really beyond your capacity aren't they?

Whats right with them?

You're cool.

Anyone who wants to sit and f***ing play a weird looking instrument that makes the most irritating noise must be one freak/nerd/no life.

Wow. letz get pissed listen to sum sick grime and rnb n hip hop innit n den go shag sum 14 yr old. well hard get me.

Your opinion is extremely undeveloped in terms of mental state, it's pre-pubescent in nature. You have no appreciation of anything in life. Yes, I can tell this from your opinion on violins and violins alone. The advancement of the brain that can be achieved through learning an instrument, the co-ordination involved and the beauty that can be appreciated from listening to orchestral/strings arrangements, they're all really beyond your capacity aren't they?

:clap:

I don't play violin, but vanessa may was on loose women today (haha I watched it). I'd recommend an acoustic violin, mainly for cost. It seemed a pretty hard instrument to pick up, and I'd recommend lessons for technique purposes (though you probably don't need me to tell you that). All I know is that you will sound s*** for a long time, until you get the hang of it.

Good luck.

translation........i don't know,i haven't actually got a clue about anything to do with what you asked but i feel a need to give an answer.

Whats right with them?

You're cool.

Best Gen Chat post for a long time! :laugh: Well done, mate :clap:

Disturbingly similar situation here! Reached Grade 5 on the cello but got bored tbh. Have an acoustic/electric guitar but I don't think I play them enough, really trying to put a concerted effort into 1 or both to get to a decent standard. Always seem to play them for a few weeks, get distracted, and resume a few weeks later. Very on-off.

Whats right with them?

You're cool.

The funny thing is that there's only a year's difference in age between those two.

Whats right with them?

You're cool.

The funny thing is that there's only a year's difference in age between those two.

I know, that's what makes it brilliant.

Guest Alan Shearer 9
I've been playing guitar for 20 years, and I've gotten pretty bored of it if I'm honest. 

Philistine!

How can you get bored of one of the least limited instruments ever!>!>!?

Listen to Stanley Jordan.

Then again maybe it's not your natural instrument. Good look with the violin like.

I'd better not bother with it, I suppose, if they're weird looking and make the most irritating noise >_<  I hadn't realised.  I'm away down Threshers for some cheap cider and rizlas instead.

Cheers everyone who helped :)

what were you looking to play anyway......clasiical,folk,etc ?

Without the violin we wouldn't have music as we know it. Imagine the soundtrack to psycho without it, hah!

Electric violin is an option, but I'd just get a violin and to hell with the noise. Playing with a muted one could affect your progression down the road, which is fairly common with budding drummers who get muted kits. With any instrument, as you'll know from playing the guitar, the difference between a good player and a great player is being able to get feeling out of the instrument.

Good luck.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The only reason I mentioned old Stanley was because I keep hearing new players who open my eyes to new ways of playing. I've played for about 15 years, although I've only just started practicing seriously. I don't know how good I could become, but I just want to get better and master the instrument as much as I can; that's a lifes work and playing excites me now more than ever.

Have a lot of admiration though for people who become competant on several instruments, it's great. I played the piano in my youth to a shit standard and I've deteriorated since then through no practice! Still plonk away from time to time though.

Violin is so alien though to anything I know in terms of actually technically playing I probably would get too frustrated with it to dedicate time to it. Have to settle for bowing my guitar.