Owen to miss Mackem and West Brom games

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Just heard on Radio 5 live that Kinnear reckons he's 50/50 for monday after pulling his hamstring. God help us if we start Duff and Ameobi up front!

No pressure Xisco but can you suddenly turn out to be a world beater today please?

Better than Shola will do - and is easily achievable.

Ps Obafemi Martins, please be fit for Monday

I heard he`s back in training but any news on a return date for him? I`m sure sometime in November was mentioned?

No pressure Xisco but can you suddenly turn out to be a world beater today please?

Better than Shola will do - and is easily achievable.

Ps Obafemi Martins, please be fit for Monday

I heard he`s back in training but any news on a return date for him? I`m sure sometime in November was mentioned?

On ICNewcastle last week Martins said he may play against Sunderland. At worst it was suggested he'd be on the bench for that game.

Well tbh it was only a matter of time really.

The run of games Owen had going was a bit of an aberation. He's typically more unfit than fit and with how fit he had managed to stay lately it was always just around the corner.

I still think we'll be alright though. As long as Jonas is back and we do not play Zoggy at left back under any circumstances we should be fine. Zoggy on one wing and Jonas on the other with Duff and another upfront.

In the latest interview on NUFC.co.uk, Kinnear reckons Martins is the closest to match fitness out of all the injured players and that Beye will probably play too, Gutierrez is touch and go (so maybe bench?) so if Owen doesn't play then Oba will hopefully start. Ameobi/Xisco, Xisco/Duff or Ameobi/Duff would be pretty abysmal combinations.

Well tbh it was only a matter of time really.

The run of games Owen had going was a bit of an aberation. He's typically more unfit than fit and with how fit he had managed to stay lately it was always just around the corner.

I still think we'll be alright though. As long as Jonas is back and we do not play Zoggy at left back under any circumstances we should be fine. Zoggy on one wing and Jonas on the other with Xisco and Ranger upfront.

crap, cotton wool failure!

He's had a decent run but it was always going to happen.

Owen was made from the same mould as the likes of Bellamy, Dyer and Ashton. It's just the nature of them. they will always struggle mightliy with injuries.

He's only getting older too so it won't get any better.

Owen was made from the same mould as the likes of Bellamy, Dyer and Ashton. It's just the nature of them. they will always struggle mightliy with injuries.

What, glass?

What, glass?

Nah, tissue paper apparently.

What, glass?

Nah, tissue paper apparently.

Andrex? It's a matter of due importance!