Owen to miss Mackem and West Brom games

Guest toonlass

This is one of the reasons I'm a bit meh about Owen leaving next year. When he's out with injury it's usually for a substantial amount of time, rarely for a minor tweak or niggle although I hope he proves me wrong on this one. He's done well on the injury front recently to be fair, but when it's all added up, the injury record, loss of pace and high wage demands I'm not sure it's a package we need beyond this season.

He's still a top player obviously but it's becoming a bit like the Henry situation at Arsenal. When he leaves and we buy a striker next season the team might develop in a positive way assuming we can bring some quality in.

If we can get Jonas, Beye and Martins fit for the match then it's essentially the same team that played Man Utd but with Geremi replacing Milner. That was also our only good performance of the season so hopefully that team could do it again.

This is one of the reasons I'm a bit meh about Owen leaving next year. When he's out with injury it's usually for a substantial amount of time, rarely for a minor tweak or niggle although I hope he proves me wrong on this one. He's done well on the injury front recently to be fair, but when it's all added up, the injury record, loss of pace and high wage demands I'm not sure it's a package we need beyond this season.

He's still a top player obviously but it's becoming a bit like the Henry situation at Arsenal. When he leaves and we buy a striker next season the team might develop in a positive way assuming we can bring some quality in.

This.

It's time to turn the page.

Well if the current board are here they won't be breaking the bank for a striker of Owen's class. That's for certain.

Well if the current board are here they won't be breaking the bank for a striker of Owen's class. That's for certain.

I'm assuming the club will be under new ownership by then.

:idiot2:

We've nowhere near the quality Arsenal have, replacing Owen will be 100x as hard for us as it was for Arsenal to replace Henry. The whole Henry thing was his arrogance and his holier-than-thou demeanour. Owen is absolutely nothing like that and is our one gem on top of a huge pile of average.

:idiot2:

We've nowhere near the quality Arsenal have, replacing Owen will be 100x as hard for us as it was for Arsenal to replace Henry. The whole Henry thing was his arrogance and his holier-than-thou demeanour. Owen is absolutely nothing like that and is our one gem on top of a huge pile of average.

Do you think Owen seriously wants to stay here unless he's offered stupidly high wages? If I thought he really, really wanted to be here rather than somewhere else I could probably justify offering him a bundle and hope he stayed fit. As it is I'm not fussed if he goes.

Such a shame they've fucked about with the contract situation. Go the system.

So desperate for a bite. Bless.

Not really no.

My opinion on the monumental fuck ups by Ashley is already quite clear.