Patrice Evra

Delima

So many people thought he was shit, thought he was a waste of money, thought he typifies the lazy continental overrated overblown footballer who can never cut it at premiership, last season. He is light weight, beyond salvagable point etc.

Look at his performance now. One of the best right back in premiership at the moment.

Lesson? Give our new recruit a period of time to settle. There will always be some unfortunate wrong purchase. But everyone deserves his chance.

Give our Martins a break. Kuyt, Berbatov, are all doing better and better now.

So many people thought he was shit, thought he was a waste of money, thought he typifies the lazy continental overrated overblown footballer who can never cut it at premiership, last season. He is light weight, beyond salvagable point etc.

Look at his performance now. One of the best right back in premiership at the moment.

Lesson? Give our new recruit a period of time to settle. There will always be some unfortunate wrong purchase. But everyone deserves his chance.

Give our Martins a break. Kuyt, Berbatov, are all doing better and better now.

Manu playing him at right back?

Guest nufcandy

thats ok then ;) to be honest i thought he was still as cack as he was when he first arrived, quite suprised to hear that hes ok now!

thats ok then ;) to be honest i thought he was still as cack as he was when he first arrived, quite suprised to hear that hes ok now!

He is not ok. He has been a brilliant left back for United this season. Defensively solid, but getting forward very very well.

Guest nufcandy

do you not think that if the player can adapt well enough and has the quality he's always going to be a good player in time?! people like forlan and kleberson never settled at the manks even though they were canny players, i just think it comes down to the attitude of the individual player realy

I don't think it is purely down to attitude. As far as I know Forlan has had a good attitude, in my opinion Forlan is a moderate player who had an excellent season for Villareal in his first year. In his second year he only scored 10 goals.

I think first of all is the quality of the player that matters.

Secondly if he is a given chances to adapt/prove himself.

Thirdly if his fixed style of play is suitable for his new league.

Fourthly his luck.

Guest nufcandy

I don't think it is purely down to attitude. As far as I know Forlan has had a good attitude, in my opinion Forlan is a moderate player who had an excellent season for Villareal in his first year. In his second year he only scored 10 goals.

I think first of all is the quality of the player that matters.

Secondly if he is a given chances to adapt/prove himself.

Thirdly if his fixed style of play is suitable for his new league.

Fourthly his luck.

surely adapting is the most important because without it you cant show any class, can you?!

He is not ok. He has been a brilliant left back for United this season. Defensively solid, but getting forward very very well.

Disgraceful.

Disgraceful.

aye, was thinking the same.

Evra & Vidic are prime examples of why you give foreign players a chance. If they'd signed for us last January and had their types of performances, we'd have got on their backs, the manager would have panicked, and dropped them. Fergie has persisted with them and now they're reaping the benefits.

Easier to blend players into a good side tbh. Especially if they aren't shit. So that's two advantages foreign recruits at Man Utd tend to have over ones at the Toon.

Easier to blend players into a good side tbh. Especially if they aren't shit. So that's two advantages foreign recruits at Man Utd tend to have over ones at the Toon.

Well maybe a change in fans' mentality where we give these a chance, and criticise the home-grown players who will never make it is the way to go.

Guest toon tone rudeboy

he's okay. nowt special. Heinze is better, perhaps less offensive but has a better balance.

Agreed, Heinze is better but more prone to injury.

Evra & Vidic are prime examples of why you give foreign players a chance. If they'd signed for us last January and had their types of performances, we'd have got on their backs, the manager would have panicked, and dropped them. Fergie has persisted with them and now they're reaping the benefits.

I think it helps when you're playing alongside generally a very high standard of player, rather than the turd that makes up the vast majority of our squad.