Sunday Gossip

Thespence

SUNDAY MIRROR

David Beckham is set to join AC Milan. The Italian giants have invited the 33-year-old England star to train with them in January.

Michael Owen is just 73 days away from ending his three-year Newcastle nightmare.

Dirk Kuyt and Daniel Agger could lead a host of Liverpool stars out of Anfield as the mystery delay over Rafa Benitez's new contract threatens another crisis.

Carlos Tevez's proposed move to Manchester United will collapse unless the Argentine's owners reduce their £34million asking price.

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing to off-load Owen Hargreaves after becoming fed up with his inconsistency and constant injuries.

Cesc Fabregas has rejected new £90,000-a-week contract talks at Arsenal - paving the way for him to quit the Emirates at the end of the season

Liverpool were hit with a £400million bombshell as billionaire Arab Sheikh Al Maktoum pulled out of a potential takeover deal.

Harry Redknapp demanded the FA ban for life the Villa thugs who laid out referee's assistant Phil Sharp.

SUNDAY TELEGRAPH

The City of London's fraud unit is to examine allegations of match-fixing in three more games after information about extraordinary betting patterns was handed to them yesterday.

The Football Association have appointed David Beckham and John Barnes as vice-presidents to work on the 2018 World Cup bid.

THE PEOPLE

Fabio Capello plans to quit football as an England World Cup winner.

Sunderland chiefs are playing hard-ball with Roy Keane over his new contract, warning: Get real or else.

Juande Ramos admits he is so unhappy with Tottenham's summer transfer dealings that he cannot speak out for fear of angering the board.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

David Beckham is considering a winter loan move back to European football in a bid to continue his international career and overtake World Cup captain Bobby Moore's record of 108 England caps.

Crowd trouble erupted at Arsenal and Millwall yesterday while the FA launch an investigation into an incident at Villa Park in which fourth official Phil Sharp was struck by a coin.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Big Phil Scolari saw Chelsea win 5-0 away with seven stars missing and said: "We need to improve to win the league."

Under-fire Spurs boss Juande Ramos is heading for a showdown with the man widely blamed for the mess at the club.

Harry Redknapp called on football clubs to get tough on yobs after a linesman was struck by a missile at Villa Park yesterday.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos is preparing for showdown talks with the man he blames for ruining Spurs' season - sporting director Damien Comolli - and the players are right behind him.

Manchester United are trying to renegotiate the fee which will turn Carlos Tevez's loan move into a permanent Old Trafford deal.

GERARD HOULLIER and Sven-Goran Eriksson are set to be sounded out about the chance to manage Newcastle United under new ownership.

A Nigerian consortium are pondering whether to confirm the seriousness of their interest in the Magpies by passing their passports and bank documents over to the Premier League for inspection this week.

And the Sunday Sun understands that, having proved they are genuine bidders for Newcastle, the Lagos-based businessmen would then continue sounding out potential new United managers . . .

With Houllier and possibly Eriksson featuring on their list.

The Nigerians have been angered by the sceptical reaction to news of their interest in buying the Magpies, despite having first approached Mike Ashley about a deal more than two months ago.

But the consortium — who remain anonymous amid fears of a backlash from fellow Nigerians angry at the prospect of them investing in English football — are still considering making Ashley an offer of around £300 million.

And, having already spoken to Kevin Keegan, Paul Ince and Frank Rijkaard as they consider potential managerial targets, they see former Liverpool boss Houllier as a possible short-term appointment, with Mexico coach Eriksson also on their radar.

Meanwhile, the figure that Real Mallorca are demanding from Newcastle in compensation for Jonas “Spiderman” Gutierrez has been revealed: £11.75 MILLION.

A judge in Mallorca will rule on February 5 next year whether United should have paid a transfer fee for the Argentine winger.

The Magpies and Gutierrez himself insist that he bought himself out of his contract with Mallorca, rendering his move a free transfer.

He claims to have invoked Article 17 of FIFA’s transfer regulations, which enables players under the age of 28 to buy their way out of a contract over three years old.

But Mallorca say Gutierrez simply walked out on them, and have launched a civil claim against United, citing a FIFA regulation on fielding unregistered players.

The Balearic club value Gutierrez at 15 million euros (£11.75 million) because he broke into the Argentina squad after attracting a 10 million euro bid from Portsmouth last year.

Mallorca’s lawyer, Vicente Morales, said: “Newcastle are clearly liable in this matter. They signed Jonas without paying a euro, but the Argentinian was still under contract.

“Mallorca and Portsmouth agreed a 10 million euro transfer, but Jonas rejected that and then decided he wanted to leave for nothing.”

British businessman Paul Davidson, Mallorca’s new owner, added: “We don’t want a war with Newcastle, but they need to understand that it’s impossible to do business this way.”

The prospect of new owners being forced to stump up big money for Gutierrez is unlikely to boost Ashley’s bid to sell United at a premium.

Meanwhile, sources in Athens claim Newcastle have lodged a £3m bid for 16-year-old Olympiakos centre-half Kryiakos Papadopoulos, but face competition for the teenager from Manchester United.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/10/19/hou-s-next-newcastle-boss-79310-22065770/

Makes me laugh this Gutierrez situation.  He's clearly used a FIFA ruling and made himself a free agent.  We've signed him after that, yet "Newcastle are clearly liable" why's that then? :idiot2:

Meanwhile they're citing FIFA regulations to us  mackems.gif

But Mallorca say Gutierrez simply walked out on them, and have launched a civil claim against United, citing a FIFA regulation on fielding unregistered players.

I mean do they really think Gutierrez would be playing if we hadn't had his registration accepted already?..  They just come off as gold digging chancers.

Makes me laugh this Gutierrez situation.  He's clearly used a FIFA ruling and made himself a free agent.  We've signed him after that, yet "Newcastle are clearly liable" why's that then? :idiot2:

Meanwhile they're citing FIFA regulations to us  mackems.gif

I mean do they really think Gutierrez would be playing if we hadn't had his registration accepted already?..  They just come off as gold digging chancers.

Exactly. Who cares what a Spanish judge decides? Their ruling is meaningless. It's FIFA who sanctioned the transfer. I suggest Mallorca try getting 'their' money from FIFA.

I'd have Houllier in a heartbeat, and i've said that very same thing after every managerial department we've had since Bobby. I really think he could take us forward. Sven too, but doubt he'd come back to England in a hurry - anyone know how Mexico are doing?

Mexico club association, who appoints the national team manger is in a "crisis" meeting with Sven after Mexico lost to Jamica ,and then drew vs Canada during the last week. Depending on the outcome there. Maybe something along these lines the press are basing speculation about Sven

I'd have Houllier in a heartbeat, and i've said that very same thing after every managerial department we've had since Bobby. I really think he could take us forward. Sven too, but doubt he'd come back to England in a hurry - anyone know how Mexico are doing?

departure?