Anyone using O2 broadband?

Dave

I'm aware of the horrendous experiences of many that have complained online about them, but I had it at my parents' for years and it was always fine for me.

Considering going back for a number of reasons, anyone using them now? Thoughts?

EDIT!

Yep i am, love it tbh, came on about 2 days after i ordered and my net speed was 1.5mbs. Under BT it was 512kbps and they told me i couldnt get any faster :rolleyes: My cousins had them for about 3 years, never had a problem. Customer service is good aswell.

Is TalkTalk available in your area Dave?

They come in for quite a bit of stick but i've never had any problems with the service really.

It's free broadband up to 8 Meg, but you have to switch your land line to them, but you get free evening and weekend calls to landlines.

I'm currently getting 4mpbs and just found a TalkTalk help forum (unofficial i think) and there's people who work for them posting on there can can help you with whatever you need, i'm supposed to be getting tried on a new profile which could boost me up to 6mbps.

The last bill was £26 and that included quite a few mobile calls and a couple of international calls aswell.

O2 is the best I've heard for ADSL.

yeah that`s what I`m on, 7.50 a month too....no problems whatsoever and they do have a freephone customer service number if you do run into problems (heard they`re quick to sort out things)

Used to be with Pipex until they merged with Tiscali and inevitably went crap

Thanks for the comments folks, but I can't really go with anyone else due to the crappy options available at my exchange. Ditto the call plans etc, as I'm getting a new line installed.

I just wanted to know about Tiscali because they are available and I never had a problem when I was living at home.

Guest lankybellwipe

Well I'm not going to be using them for calls or TV so hopefully it'll be fine.

should be.  Although I don't think the TV is playing any part in knocking the DSL light on the router off.  Before they got the TV you'd still have to occassionally turn the router on and off again to get a connection.  Might be our area like.

Anyone got virgin?

has it just crashed on you?  (the telly)

I've never noticed too much of a speed drop, then again i'm not downloading constantly.

As for gaming, I recently got a wireless adapter for my 360, and my ping is always 4 or 5 bars on CoD4 now. Haven't tried my PS3 online yet, although I imagine it will be the same.

Just a quick one to anyone who says it's okay, does your speed ever drop significantly? Also, is it okay for gaming?

I experience this..... i play COD4 tho and it plays well

What, the speed drop? When, and by how much mate?

PS - thanks for the replies everyone. I don't really know why I'm so concerned tbh, they were always for me and I've no other option anyway. :lol:

Just looking to calm myself I suppose, the stories online are horrific, just as they always were.

What about O2, anyone?

Heard good things, considering their 'Access' package as LLU is not available at my exchange yet.

I just ordered it two days ago. Apparently it will be live by Monday which is very impressive. Although I'm always dubious about these things, but they've been sending me live text updates on the status of my order and being constantly informed about it has impressed me extremely so far with regards to the service. I'll let you know what the broadband itself is like when it's installed.