Scholarships, EMA, and a pathetic administrative system.

Neil

Can someone tell me what uni scholarships are for? I thought they were to reward "high performance" and all that rubbish. Yet, despite getting 4 A's, no such luck. Seems my department is the only one who don't deal in scholarships. Thus, I'm left fuming knowing people who got considerably less at A level are being given hundreds and hundreds of pounds in free money. Hard work is rewarded my arse.

And talking of the education financial system, Educatin Maintenance Allowances were and still are a bone to be picked at imo. Why not give parents the £10, £20, and £30 a week (that is in truth often needed due to low incomes, of which I have no problem with), instead of it going automatically into the child's account to be wasted on McDonalds and alcohol? Get the child to save up money via a job or whatever if they want to do that, surely.

To conclude, one day, maybe financial help/rewards is/are given to the people who actually deserve them.

And aye, probably comes across as a slightly irrational few lines - not in a happy mood!

Guest optimistic nit

4A's? NEEEEEEEERD! ;)

my school does not offer scholarships either which is a bit annoying. i should be getting DSA, but i need to fill in the forms and get tested (300 fucking quid, they are having a joke i'm a fucking student) so for those 2 reasons i cant be arsed. i would also get a free laptop. also there's the posibility they tell me i'm not special and i've wasted that money on nothing.

Guest Heneage

i only sent off my passport to the slc today :lol: :(

Theyve had it 8 weeks, I get a letter dated 17th saying "Mr Heneage we require proof of your fathers pension." Now I'm based in the region for Uni why couldn't they ring me so I could bring it down last week and sorti t? Now am a further 2 weeks off, what happens if I hadn't budgeted them cocking up and had no money? Idiots.

Can't say it is the same for all, but most scholarships go to MSc and Ph.D students at Leeds and Southampton these days. So many people do first degrees these days so it is pretty hard to distinguish who is best off with any money left kicking around for the undergrads.

My uni has given me a £300 bursary, i didnt get ema though, pissed me off people getting £100 bonus's at christmas easter and for going back the next year and they just get wasted with it whilst i have to spend my wages on getting wasted.

Student loan is a necessity, there is lots of expenses on my coure, almost daily i have to buy something like a can of spray mount, ten quid!

For other cheap skates to say "Can i lend some" no it was fucking 10 quid, buy your own arse hole. If i liked you i maybe would!

As you can tell, im in qite a pissed off mood with money etc!

My uni has given me a £300 bursary, i didnt get ema though, pissed me off people getting £100 bonus's at christmas easter and for going back the next year and they just get wasted with it whilst i have to spend my wages on getting wasted.

Student loan is a necessity, there is lots of expenses on my coure, almost daily i have to buy something like a can of spray mount, ten quid!

For other cheap skates to say "Can i lend some" no it was f***ing 10 quid, buy your own arse hole. If i liked you i maybe would!

As you can tell, im in qite a pissed off mood with money etc!

Oh I don't mean student loans in my rant! They're fairly essential.

Which uni do you go to like?