Why Barton is so important

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

“Maybe people think about him completely differently and forget about the ability he has got. Joey’s one of the best finishers at the club believe it or not.” JK

Goals from midfield, yes you heard that right, we have a goal scoring midfielder who has now had a huge amount of training behind him unlike last season

I would throw him in on Saturday at the expense of Butt, however, i firmly believe it will unfortunately be for Guthrie!

“Maybe people think about him completely differently and forget about the ability he has got. Joey’s one of the best finishers at the club believe it or not.” JK

Goals from midfield, yes you heard that right, we have a goal scoring midfielder who has now had a huge amount of training behind him unlike last season

I would throw him in on Saturday at the expense of Butt, however, i firmly believe it will unfortunately be for Guthrie!

If this means that Guthrie is brought on gradually then I don't mind it to be honest. We're in for a long and tough season ahead, and he will get his fair share of games. The important thing is that a youngster like him isn't in the firing line for the boo boys. Butt's experience is vital to us despite his dwindling performances, and Barton has a lot to prove to the faithful.

Guest icemanblue

Butt will play. I think Jonas is better on the left as well.

I am in agreement. Much more of a threat cutting inside.

How long has it been since we scored a cracker from outside the box?

N'zogbia vs Boro last season? Reminds me about the fact that we almost never score from outside the box anymore..

A 4-3-3 maybe?

Joey will be fit, not match fit but played 80 mins last night, at some point he is going to be in the starting 11 and I think Butt will be the one to lose out to him in the end. A 4-3-3 is the oly way to have all three CM's playing though.

-------------------Butt

-----Guthrie------------------Barton----

----Jonas-------------------------Duff

------------------Martins

Set for talks with Joe..

Kinnear to hold talks with Barton

Oct 22 2008 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/22/kinnear-to-hold-talks-with-barton-61634-22088316/

On an individual level, i'd agree. But i think it'd be more beneficial to the team though if he was on the right and Duff/Zog was on the left. Geremi/Jonas is better than Jonas/N'Zogbia imo.

If Guthrie is dropped instead of Butt, it's an absolute disgrace. We've had Butt's 1 good game in 20 the other night, so might aswell ship him out of the team now. That said, i doubt either will be dropped and Joey will start either on the bench or on the right, given that he'll have to put Gezza at right-back.

barton wont be match fit. start on the bench. get some minutes under his belt before considering bringing him in as a starter. some people should remember how shit he was last season till easter time and even then,though he got better he wasn't anything special just a damn sight better than his earlier season form.

How long has it been since we scored a cracker from outside the box?

N'zogbia vs Boro last season? Reminds me about the fact that we almost never score from outside the box anymore..

We hardly shoot on goal outside the box.  Its only geremi from freekicks who shoot on goal, and its either 2 meter over goal, or he tries to chip it in from 30 meters.

On an individual level, i'd agree. But i think it'd be more beneficial to the team though if he was on the right and Duff/Zog was on the left. Geremi/Jonas is better than Jonas/N'Zogbia imo.

Agree completely mate.

Agree completely mate.

better still with duff hitting a bit of form and being capable of playing on the right to have them switch now and again.

Given

Geremi  Colo  Taylor  Bassong

Guthrie    Butt    Barton      Duff

Ameobi    Martins

That's when Beye's card doesn't get rescinded, and Owen/Jonas don't make it.

Given

Geremi   Colo   Taylor   Bassong

Guthrie    Butt     Barton      Duff

Ameobi     Martins

That's when Beye's card doesn't get rescinded, and Owen/Jonas don't make it.

Think Barton will be put on the right instead of Guthrie. Didnt Barton play against Arsenal on the right side? I just hope Barton, and Gutierrez starts

Barton Butt and Guthrie are only going to look good playing in their natural position of central midfield, so if Barton is going to come back it should mean one of the other two being dropped, which will probably be Guthrie. I don't mind in this one game as technique won't be so important against limited, lumbering mackem twats. We should be looking at a central pairing of Guthrie and Barton after that IMO.

I just hope JFK doesn't do an Allardyce and play all three to accomodate his favourite characters. I've had enough of the square pegs in round holes BS.

Barton Butt and Guthrie are only going to look good playing in their natural position of central midfield, so if Barton is going to come back it should mean one of the other two being dropped, which will probably be Guthrie.

I just hope JFK doesn't do an Allardyce and play all three to accomodate his favourite characters. I've had enough of the square pegs in round holes BS.

Agree.