Virgin Media TV Service?

Skirge

Anyones gone off? wors is down only a  few chanels, ring 150 and get an engaged tone.

You paid your bill?

:lol: aye

its back on now but no tv guide, was a major fk up they had it would seem that way anyway, a lot of peeps round here lost their service too

Anyones gone off? wors is down only a  few chanels, ring 150 and get an engaged tone.

You paid your bill?

:lol: aye

its back on now but no tv guide, was a major fk up they had it would seem that way anyway, a lot of peeps round here lost their service too

It stops working all the time for me for some reason.  About 1 in every 3 times I turn it on the screen is black and I have to unplug it to get it going, then about half the time the on demand stuff doesn't work although that is slowly improving,  I might get rid tbh but Im on a good deal and I couldn't go back to freeview and I have a fear of Sky so thats out the window.

Don't bother with their H.d service. you only get one channel (BBC.Hd) plus a few other on demand hd programmes. All you're paying for is a recorder.

On a plus note though, since i got V+ the menus load a lot quicker and on demand never seem to fail like it did before.

• 2 months later...

just bumping this as I've a story to tell.

In the house we went, the aerial isn't properly connected to the roof, and the landlord/letting agents are digging their heels in about getting the chimney fixed (in a nutshell, we had a guy come out to replace the bracket, who refused to do it 'cos he said it'd pull the chimney down).  So we can't get a signal in the living room as the aerial is flat on the roof.

Anyhoo, we've finally given in, and got Virgin TV (already had the broadband and the phone).  However, I was on the phone sorting out the upgrade, and asked if it'd be possible to get the service immediately, as I had a box from the last place I was renting with the 2 lasses.  We've got it plugged in at the minute, as it does give you some channels, but these are even less than what you get with freeview.  However, it turns out that box is no good, and they need to send a new one.  I asked why, and its something to do with me being able to use it (if I was clever enough) and essentially get free cable.

So now I've got to wait until Friday for this new box to arrive, when to me, it seems totally pointless.  When we moved into this place, I was told to hand the box over to the engineer and he'd take it away, but he didn't want it.  So I said to Virgin, "who takes it?" and they told me to get on the phone to the local environmental services who would take it off my hands.  I don't see why the fuck I should waste my time for them to come out when surely Virgin should just take the fucker back themselves?

Its not like me to come over all tree-hugging, but for fucks sake, not being able to re-use an old digi box just because I'm upgrading seems totally fucking pointless!

Has anyone else been fed such shite?

My on demand just freezes

and anybody know which cable i need to buy to extend my virgin media from the wall fixing to the virgin box?

They didnt fit a big enough one!  :rant:

Just go into a shop and say  'I have Virgin Media can I have a large cable please?'  Any electrical store such as maplins will stock these, even curry's etc will but they probably won't have one.  I went into a TV Aerials shop though as I could specify the length there.

In the house we went, the aerial isn't properly connected to the roof, and the landlord/letting agents are digging their heels in about getting the chimney fixed (in a nutshell, we had a guy come out to replace the bracket, who refused to do it 'cos he said it'd pull the chimney down).  So we can't get a signal in the living room as the aerial is flat on the roof.

Anyhoo, we've finally given in, and got Virgin TV (already had the broadband and the phone).  However, I was on the phone sorting out the upgrade, and asked if it'd be possible to get the service immediately, as I had a box from the last place I was renting with the 2 lasses.  We've got it plugged in at the minute, as it does give you some channels, but these are even less than what you get with freeview.  However, it turns out that box is no good, and they need to send a new one.  I asked why, and its something to do with me being able to use it (if I was clever enough) and essentially get free cable.

So now I've got to wait until Friday for this new box to arrive, when to me, it seems totally pointless.  When we moved into this place, I was told to hand the box over to the engineer and he'd take it away, but he didn't want it.  So I said to Virgin, "who takes it?" and they told me to get on the phone to the local environmental services who would take it off my hands.  I don't see why the f*** I should waste my time for them to come out when surely Virgin should just take the fucker back themselves?

Its not like me to come over all tree-hugging, but for f***s sake, not being able to re-use an old digi box just because I'm upgrading seems totally f***ing pointless!

Has anyone else been fed such s****?

We upgraded to Sky +, I said to the engineer are you taking the old box away.  he just shrugged his shoulders and said it belongs to you.  So much for protecting the environment.

We took to the SITA site in North Shields, put it in the skip with all the old electrical stuff.

We upgraded to Sky +, I said to the engineer are you taking the old box away.  he just shrugged his shoulders and said it belongs to you.  So much for protecting the environment.

We took to the SITA site in North Shields, put it in the skip with all the old electrical stuff.

Should have flogged it on ebay, you rent the virgin box you own the Sky box.

Should have flogged it on ebay, you rent the virgin box you own the Sky box.

It was left at the plant to be recycled.  Done my bit.

So now I've got to wait until Friday for this new box to arrive, when to me, it seems totally pointless.  When we moved into this place, I was told to hand the box over to the engineer and he'd take it away, but he didn't want it.  So I said to Virgin, "who takes it?" and they told me to get on the phone to the local environmental services who would take it off my hands.  I don't see why the fuck I should waste my time for them to come out when surely Virgin should just take the fucker back themselves?

Its not like me to come over all tree-hugging, but for fucks sake, not being able to re-use an old digi box just because I'm upgrading seems totally fucking pointless!

Has anyone else been fed such shite?

Get the old box chipped and put it in another room.