Will the DOF structure get two clubs relegated in one season?

Parky

The bottom 3 will all have a DOF - Us, Spurs, West Ham..but we can still laugh at all the other teams because our finances are secure.

yeah spurs and west ham

Who's the DOF at Wham?

Some italian bloke called Nanni.

I honestly think Spurs going down this year, crap attack and crap defense, i'm not complaining!

YOu see some Spurs fans blame Levy and others Comolli, that tells you the lines of accountability are blurred in these setups.

No, and this hatred of th DOF structure is just stupid and misplaced. The DOF system was working fine at Spurs until they sold their best players, and it was working fine here imo until the manager quit. (The reasons for this seem to be more of a lack of relationship/communication than any "structure"). Parky, Levy is the equivalent of Ashley/Mort at Newcastle, while Comoli is the position of say Dennis Wise. Comoli is in charge of players going in and out and all that. Generally Spurs fans are angry with all parties at the way in which things have gone over the past two seasons, not because they are confused about who did what.

No, and this hatred of th DOF structure is just stupid and misplaced. The DOF system was working fine at Spurs until they sold their best players, and it was working fine here imo until the manager quit. (The reasons for this seem to be more of a lack of relationship/communication than any "structure"). Parky, Levy is the equivalent of Ashley/Mort at Newcastle, while Comoli is the position of say Dennis Wise. Comoli is in charge of players going in and out and all that. Generally Spurs fans are angry with all parties at the way in which things have gone over the past two seasons, not because they are confused about who did what.

That's what I was about to post, think the same.

I believe the system can work if the personnel are right for it.

Exactamundo. I don't resent Keegan, and nor do i resent the system at all - i think it definitely works as far as quality recruitment is concerned. But KK was never the right man to appoint, if this was the system. Destined for failure.

There's still lingering question marks over what tipped Keegan over the edge - ie - did he quit (at that point) cos Wise/Ashley were signing/selling players without his permission? We'll never know the answer to that.

But as far as the system goes - with the right personnel, then yeah, it'll be spot on. But someone with as much pride, confidence and - tbf - ego as Kevin Keegan was never going to be the right man to work in correlation with the transfer setup. It needs a yes-man that's just a good trainer/motivator/tactician.

Guest optimistic nit

how exactly had the DOF system been working well for spurs? they finished 11th last season, 1 place above us.

Exactamundo. I don't resent Keegan, and nor do i resent the system at all - i think it definitely works as far as quality recruitment is concerned. But KK was never the right man to appoint, if this was the system. Destined for failure.

There's still lingering question marks over what tipped Keegan over the edge - ie - did he quit (at that point) cos Wise/Ashley were signing/selling players without his permission? We'll never know the answer to that.

But as far as the system goes - with the right personnel, then yeah, it'll be spot on. But someone with as much pride, confidence and - tbf - ego as Kevin Keegan was never going to be the right man to work in correlation with the transfer setup. It needs a yes-man that's just a good trainer/motivator/tactician.

The only way I can see this structure working in the long-term is if the DOF works under the manager, basically as a glorified chief scout. Managers pick the team and they should have the right to sign players they want and not have players brought in over their heads. We'll not go down though, Spurs would have to get seriously fucked to go down, West Ham is a real possibility imo.

I hardly think the DOF thing at Spurs as the same as it was here, btw. I think it's more of a case of them just having a fucking massive cash injection tbh. It doesn't take a footballing genius to go out and identify David Bentley, Luka Modric and Roman Pavlyuchenko as decent players. Have they found a Jonas, Xisco, Gonzalez or a Bassong - ie, relative unknowns? Genuine question, cos they seemed to have just bought a load of class players cos they've got loads of cash.

This might be a bit short-sighted, i don't know the ins and outs of it, it's just what it looks like really. I think it's more the manager's fault for not getting them to work, rather than the recruitment team fucking up - it's not as if they're picking the team. I think every club in the league was jealous of their signings in the summer.

Like i say, i don't really know, but that's what it looks like. The Spurs DOF thing has always been lost on me.

Guest optimistic nit

i was jelous of their signings, but you could also see they may well have problems if it didn't work. they may be able to turn it around, but their defense is still very poor, but they don't have the goals to back it up this time.