Will the DOF structure get two clubs relegated in one season?

Parky

No, and this hatred of th DOF structure is just stupid and misplaced. The DOF system was working fine at Spurs until they sold their best players, and it was working fine here imo until the manager quit. (The reasons for this seem to be more of a lack of relationship/communication than any "structure"). Parky, Levy is the equivalent of Ashley/Mort at Newcastle, while Comoli is the position of say Dennis Wise. Comoli is in charge of players going in and out and all that. Generally Spurs fans are angry with all parties at the way in which things have gone over the past two seasons, not because they are confused about who did what.

how exactly had the DOF system been working well for spurs? they finished 11th last season, 1 place above us.

From my knowlegde, the DOF system has been in effect at Spurs since 2004, when Jol and Frank Arsenen were brought in. Comolli replaced Arsenen when he f***** off to Chelsea. In 2004-2005 they finished midtable. In 2005-2006 they finished an agonizing fifth after they swung low at the sweet Marriot. They finished fifth the next season also. Obviously in the last two years things have gone completely insane. However, one cannot discount the fact that they still won a major domestic honour last season and are competing UEFA Cup for another year.

everton have done better in that time with much less investment. they had limited success (5th place isn't really a success but whatever) but a good system will give consistent improvement. the fact that they have gone completely insane over the last couple of years should be a clue that the system is not working.

Everton are not lighting up the place this year but whatever. I don't see how you can say the system isn't working now based on a season and eight games, when three seasons differ with this but ok. Everton have done alright for themselves but even they have struggled. Do not forget that they also had a 17th place and 11th place finish during the regime of Moyes. What is to say Spurs cannot do what Everton did a comeback with a vengeance next season. Even stil, Everton have realised they will have to invest if they want to keep up. That is why they have splased 12 million on Yakubu and 15 million on Felliani. Even Villa have spent a vey large sum of money.

yawn.

All the clubs with a DOF are at the bottom of the league, while all the clubs at the top have a manager who runs everything to do with the playing side.

End of.

You know I don't mean to offend you sir, but you really do come off as an idiot sometimes. So, according to the this particular league table in October of this season, you can draw that all DOF's are bad and all traditional British managerial systems are good. Good on you. You have proven that you have the logic and reasoning of a young child. You cannot dismiss what has happened before, because what has happened in the first eight matches of a season ffs. I mean it defies common sense. How can you attribute Spurs' October league position to the DoF, but not attribute their fifth place finshes and Carling cup success. That is like me saying Keegan, despite all his earlier success is a s*** manager because he only picked up 3 points in his first eight matches here in his second spell.

please tell us why the consistent trophy winning teams and champions League qualifying teams all have managers who take charge of everything to do with playing instead of babbling on like a rock-ape

If we get relegated it will be because the manager pissed off, not because of the structure.  If the manager had stayed and worked under the structure then we would not have gone down.

correct. Keegan wanted the glory all to himself, and when he couldn't have it all, he made sure he slipped out unnoticed

:lol:

he'll never admit that the fat bastard who embarrassed the poor dear has turned out to be massively superior to his blue eyed boy

Lets hope this takeover comes soon, bins this DOF bollocks, and Keegan is restored by someone who knows what they are doing

If we get relegated it will be because the manager pissed off, not because of the structure.  If the manager had stayed and worked under the structure then we would not have gone down.

correct. Keegan wanted the glory all to himself, and when he couldn't have it all, he made sure he slipped out unnoticed

he'll never admit that the fat b****** who embarrassed the poor dear has turned out to be massively superior to his blue eyed boy

Lets hope this takeover comes soon, bins this DOF bollocks, and Keegan is restored by someone who knows what they are doing

:lol: never been a statement more full of shit

and I'm asking you why, because you jibe at Keegan, why he pissed off ?

It looks like he pissed off because he wasn't getting the final say on transfers at a guess.

Now your turn, do you think we would have been relegated this season if Keegan had stayed?

he'll never admit that the fat b****** who embarrassed the poor dear has turned out to be massively superior to his blue eyed boy

I can't remember themanupstairs ever referring to anything like you've just implied, I must have missed it.  :dontknow:

Guest elbee909

Do Chelsea have a DOF, that Arnesen bloke?  Or is he gone/got a different title?

Yeah his title is: I'm the cunt that hounded Mourinho out.

I don't envy whoever it was who had to fit that on his door.

The system rules!

It gave us Colo, Gutierrez, Bassong, Guthrie etc.

The system is allowing Joe Kinnear to step off the street and effectively manage the club.

The system loves us. Love it back. Keegan was envious, he felt jilted he was too needy, wanted all the love. The system shares its love. Keegan doesn't.

The system wins.

The system rules!

It gave us Colo, Gutierrez, Bassong, Guthrie etc.

The system is allowing Joe Kinnear to step off the street and effectively manage the club.

The system loves us. Love it back. Keegan was envious, he felt jilted he was too needy, wanted all the love. The system shares its love. Keegan doesn't.

The system wins.

No, and this hatred of th DOF structure is just stupid and misplaced. The DOF system was working fine at Spurs until they sold their best players, and it was working fine here imo until the manager quit. (The reasons for this seem to be more of a lack of relationship/communication than any "structure"). Parky, Levy is the equivalent of Ashley/Mort at Newcastle, while Comoli is the position of say Dennis Wise. Comoli is in charge of players going in and out and all that. Generally Spurs fans are angry with all parties at the way in which things have gone over the past two seasons, not because they are confused about who did what.

how exactly had the DOF system been working well for spurs? they finished 11th last season, 1 place above us.

From my knowlegde, the DOF system has been in effect at Spurs since 2004, when Jol and Frank Arsenen were brought in. Comolli replaced Arsenen when he f***** off to Chelsea. In 2004-2005 they finished midtable. In 2005-2006 they finished an agonizing fifth after they swung low at the sweet Marriot. They finished fifth the next season also. Obviously in the last two years things have gone completely insane. However, one cannot discount the fact that they still won a major domestic honour last season and are competing UEFA Cup for another year.

everton have done better in that time with much less investment. they had limited success (5th place isn't really a success but whatever) but a good system will give consistent improvement. the fact that they have gone completely insane over the last couple of years should be a clue that the system is not working.

Everton are not lighting up the place this year but whatever. I don't see how you can say the system isn't working now based on a season and eight games, when three seasons differ with this but ok. Everton have done alright for themselves but even they have struggled. Do not forget that they also had a 17th place and 11th place finish during the regime of Moyes. What is to say Spurs cannot do what Everton did a comeback with a vengeance next season. Even stil, Everton have realised they will have to invest if they want to keep up. That is why they have splased 12 million on Yakubu and 15 million on Felliani. Even Villa have spent a vey large sum of money.

yawn.

All the clubs with a DOF are at the bottom of the league, while all the clubs at the top have a manager who runs everything to do with the playing side.

End of.

You know I don't mean to offend you sir, but you really do come off as an idiot sometimes. So, according to the this particular league table in October of this season, you can draw that all DOF's are bad and all traditional British managerial systems are good. Good on you. You have proven that you have the logic and reasoning of a young child. You cannot dismiss what has happened before, because what has happened in the first eight matches of a season ffs. I mean it defies common sense. How can you attribute Spurs' October league position to the DoF, but not attribute their fifth place finshes and Carling cup success. That is like me saying Keegan, despite all his earlier success is a s*** manager because he only picked up 3 points in his first eight matches here in his second spell.

please tell us why the consistent trophy winning teams and champions League qualifying teams all have managers who take charge of everything to do with playing instead of babbling on like a rock-ape

First off, you still haven't replied to any of my points at all. You have just gone back to your initial inane point which still defies common sense. It holds no water. I mean no club that is below M in the alphabet has finshed in the CL places since, what, 2002? That doesn't mean there is a correlation between alphabetical position, and league position. There however, might be a correlation between the massive amounts of money those clubs spend annually and their league positions. The only exception is Arsenal, who have Arsene Wenger, a manager far superior to the likes of Keegan and Jol, and the best scouting network in the entire world. Chelsea have been fluttering about between the DoF and traditional systems since Abramovich arrived there. Regardless of which system they use, Chelsea would finish near the top of the table, because of how much they can spend.

The system rules!

The system wins.

You narf talk bollocks sometimes.

and I'm asking you why, because you jibe at Keegan, why he pissed off ?

1. It looks like he pissed off because he wasn't getting the final say on transfers at a guess.

2. Now your turn, do you think we would have been relegated this season if Keegan had stayed?

1. so its the owners fault Keegan walked out then for undermining his manager, which is the standard setup when a club has a DOF.  ? Keegan certainly thinks so anyway.

2. no. Although the squad is not capable of moving much further up the league thanks to lack of investment, ambition in respect of transfer policy, and not backing him.

Unlike you, I reply to questions truthfully and honestly.

:lol: never been a statement more full of shit

you can't argue with league positions. You can't argue with gates, and apathy and the biggest demonstrations since 1977 either.

yawn.

End of.

First off, you still haven't replied to any of my points at all. You have just gone back to your initial inane point which still defies common sense. It holds no water. I mean no club that is below M in the alphabet has finshed in the CL places since, what, 2002? That doesn't mean there is a correlation between alphabetical position, and league position. There however, might be a correlation between the massive amounts of money those clubs spend annually and their league positions. The only exception is Arsenal, who have Arsene Wenger, a manager far superior to the likes of Keegan and Jol, and the best scouting network in the entire world. Chelsea have been fluttering about between the DoF and traditional systems since Abramovich arrived there. Regardless of which system they use, Chelsea would finish near the top of the table, because of how much they can spend.

Please tell me specifically which fact I have posted that you disagree with instead of babbling on.

:lol: never been a statement more full of s***

you can't argue with league positions. You can't argue with gates, and apathy and the biggest demonstrations since 1977 either.

wtf's it got to do with Shepherd??? I was talking about Keegan! Jesus Christ!

For the record, you cannot compare FS and MA unless they both ran the club for a similar amount of time, or rather, long enough to see the results of Ashley's 5 year plan.

btw, don't know if this will distract you, but how about you hop on the club sale thread and infest that with Shepherd loveage and commentary. rumour is doing the rounds that the club's been sold.

Guest elbee909

he'll never admit that the fat bastard who embarrassed the poor dear has turned out to be massively superior to his blue eyed boy

Keegan brought in as Director Of Football.  DOES NOT COMPUTE!  DOES NOT COMPUTE! <head explodes>

For the record, you cannot compare FS and MA unless they both ran the club for a similar amount of time, or rather, long enough to see the results of Ashley's 5 year plan.

btw, don't know if this will distract you, but how about you hop on the club sale thread and infest that with Shepherd loveage and commentary. rumour is doing the rounds that the club's been sold.

I wasn't replying to you ? The other guy replied to me ?

I don't know whether to believe the club has been sold or not. Don't loads of people not believe rumours ? I only hope if it is true, or when it happens, he has more idea than Ashley.

1. so its the owners fault Keegan walked out then for undermining his manager, which is the standard setup when a club has a DOF.  ? Keegan certainly thinks so anyway.

2. no. Although the squad is not capable of moving much further up the league thanks to lack of investment, ambition in respect of transfer policy, and not backing him.

I did answer your question truthfully you lune.  Anyway, thanks for confirming who will be to blame if we do go down.

I wasn't replying to you ? The other guy replied to me ?

I don't know whether to believe the club has been sold or not. Don't loads of people not believe rumours ? I only hope if it is true, or when it happens, he has more idea than Ashley.

yes you were. im themanupstairs. it's my work account as I cant access this one at the office.

I did answer your question truthfully you lune.  Anyway, thanks for confirming who will be to blame if we do go down.

haven't you always said the buck stops with the owner

mackems.gif