Far Cry 2 vs. Fable 2 vs. Dead Space

Unlucky Luque

Which do I buy?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which do I buy?

• Far Cry 2
    • Fable 2
    • Dead Space

Ordered Fable II instead :) Kinda glad that i missed out on Far Cry in a way, i've got so many MP games and i've haven't got time to play all of them never mind another one.

Be nice to just chill with a SP game, that and the fact the game looks outstanding aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

The answer to this thread is fallout 3, you will be playing for hours and hours and hours.

It's quickly becoming my favorite ever game.

I am coming to that conclusion as well. I've played about 22 hours now, done one of the main quests, and a few of the others, only explored about 1/10 of the wasteland as well, I can see this lasting a very very long time.

Sort of. You can chose between FPS combat or using V.A.T.S, which is turn-based. But, the FPS element is very clunky, not up to modern (as in the last decade) FPS standard.

If you're into RPGs, you'll probably love it. If you're expecting an FPS with RPG elements, you might not.

I think calling the vats combat turn based might be a bit misleading. To me, it's more akin to bullet time, or super slow motion. When you go into vats, time slows down and you can aim at specific body parts of the enemy. Everything you do in vats, you can do outside of vats. If you want to shoot a gun out of someone's hands in real time, just aim for it with the reticule. Vats just increases the precision with which you shoot.

Hmmm... doesn't that vats thing make the game a bit easy though? As in slowing the game down whenever you have a hard enemy to face?

Oh, God no.

I can't imagine taking down a Deathclaw outside of it.

I managed to shoot a gun off a super mutant and was quite impressed with myself, until it started to run at me....

:lol: I had my whole routine for them when I first started playing. Shoot the gun out of their hands, pick it up and then cripple their leg.

Hmmm... doesn't that vats thing make the game a bit easy though? As in slowing the game down whenever you have a hard enemy to face?

You need to have 'action points' to use VATS. It's like a meter that recharges when you're not using it. I only get two or 3 shots before it runs out anyway (depending on how you've leveled up your character and stuff)

It's fun to use, but I wouldn't say it makes the game very easy. I use it more for flamboyant decapitations etc.

Combat is excellent imo. When compared with TES: Oblivion, it's a big improvement. Even compared to the likes of Mass Effect, I think this is better. Of course, it's not a traditional FPS and anyone expecting such will be disappointed.