Worst Strikeforce In Prem?

Karjala

Guest thompers

Currently it is.

If the strikers were all fit and back to their former selves then it'd be alright.

You honestly believe that, don't you?

Currently it is.

If the strikers were all fit and back to their former selves then it'd be alright.

Owen, Martins and wait for it...Shola all fit and theirselves and we wouldnt be having threads like this.

Currently it is.

Oh for fuck's sake Thompers. I said "alright".

Don't tell me that you think a strikeforce of a fit Owen, Luque from a few years ago and Martins from his best Inter matches is a bad one.

Guest thompers

Currently it is.

Owen, Martins and wait for it...Shola all fit and theirselves and we wouldnt be having threads like this.

Owen and Martins would be a shit partnership, and if Shola being 'himself' is exactly what we don't want.

Guest thompers

Currently it is.

Don't tell me that you think a strikeforce of a fit Owen, Luque from a few years ago and Martins from his best Inter matches is a bad one.

Sorry I thought we were on about actual players and not customised ones that we've taken back to their prime.

Currently it is.

Owen and Martins would be a shit partnership, and if Shola being 'himself' is exactly what we don't want.

I can't see into the future but I will take your word for it.

Guest thompers

Currently it is.

Owen + Martins, more muscles in the dead sea.

Currently it is.

Where as Henry and Van Persie are muscle men (not comparing their ability before you jump on it)

IF we played football they could work well, Owen is very clever positionally and with his instincts and Martins is a lot about beating a man with pure pace and believe it or not he does have strength in his small frame, also has a great leap. No reason why they couldn't work but i suppose if football is like:

Small + Small = doesnt work

then i agree with you  :roll:

Currently it is.

Sorry I thought we were on about actual players and not customised ones that we've taken back to their prime.

Luque is only what, 28, 29. Treating him differently etc could easily retrace the quality he showed at Deportivo and Real Mallorca. If we just used Martins properly he'd be far better for us, and hopefully Owen will be back to his best when he comes back.

Pretty simple if you ask me. I don't think any of them have even passed their prime - obviously this especially goes for Martins.

Guest thompers

Currently it is.

Luque is only what, 28, 29. Treating him differently etc could easily retrace the quality he showed at Deportivo and Real Mallorca. If we just used Martins properly he'd be far better for us, and hopefully Owen will be back to his best when he comes back.

Pretty simple if you ask me. I don't think any of them have even passed their prime - obviously this especially goes for Martins.

Owen is a mere shadow of the player he was in his first few Liverpool seasons. Luque will never be given a chance here so we might as well write him off.

Guest thompers

Currently it is.

Where as Henry and Van Persie are muscle men (not comparing their ability before you jump on it)

IF we played football they could work well, Owen is very clever positionally and with his instincts and Martins is a lot about beating a man with pure pace and believe it or not he does have strength in his small frame, also has a great leap. No reason why they couldn't work but i suppose if football is like:

Don't think I've seen that attribute from him yet.

Guest NUFC-Babe

Oh for ****'s sake Thompers. I said "alright".

Problem is we dont have Luque from a few years ago, we dont have Martins from his best Inter matches.  All we can hope for is a fit Owen, and can we wait for that to happen?  :roll:

We do have a very strong midfield tho so I think we'll be fine. :)

Guest nufcandy

i agree that we have a strong midfield but i dont think they know how to play as a unit, and ultimately thats the problem

Currently it is.

Don't think I've seen that attribute from him yet.

If the team played to it we would! Its either a ball straight to him which he has to battle a defender 3ft taller than him to get or a ball 30 yards in front of him travelling about 70mph!

I was speaking to someone yesterday and ironically the only times we have been playing the sort of football Martins would benefit from are the times he hasnt been in the f*cking pitch!  blueupset.gif