Limewire Problem

Decky

For some reason Limewire wont connect for me, it isnt being blocked by a firewall or anything, it worked perfect for ages and just randomly got this problem. It says "starting connection" then just goes to disconnected.

Guest LucaAltieri

Didn't the anti-piracy people win a case against limewire?

I'm surprised they're still around at all.

Anyway, torrents are the way forward.

For some reason Limewire wont connect for me, it isnt being blocked by a firewall or anything, it worked perfect for ages and just randomly got this problem. It says "starting connection" then just goes to disconnected.

Use frostwire.

Guest Jawesome

Use frostwire.

Here here.

Fuck its exactly the same, nice one TT :thup:

No worries. Same thing happened to me, LW just wouldn't connect anymore, had a browse about on the net and some people reckoned it was to do with Vista 64b with a lot of people saying it was shite anyway and they use FW, so gave it a bash and its pretty solid, amazing DL speeds compared to LW, same content though.

To be fair i'd keep away from Limewire or Frostwire, same content, same problems.

If you do want to download things user Soulseek for mp3's and the like or torrent for anything. (Obviously legal material)

To be fair i'd keep away from Limewire or Frostwire, same content, same problems.

If you do want to download things user Soulseek for mp3's and the like or torrent for anything. (Obviously legal material)

Seconded. BTW, even if Limewire gets closed down, it can't affect the network, as it's pure P2P without any central servers.