Passports

Greg

Anyone applied for a British Passport recently?

I applied a good few weeks ago and used the Post Office check and send service and as it was for damage rather than just my old one expiring I had to send my old one as well.

I'm going away in a week, got my passport today and it says I'm a f***ing woman!!

Just rang them and got through to a bloke who told me to ring back tomorrow as none of the staff who work at night know anything about that sort of thing.

I applied a good few weeks ago and used the Post Office check and send service and as it was for damage rather than just my old one expiring I had to send my old one as well.

I'm going away in a week, got my passport today and it says I'm a f***ing woman!!

Just rang them and got through to a bloke who told me to ring back tomorrow as none of the staff who work at night know anything about that sort of thing.

[catmag] "and whats wrong with being a woman ?"

Nothing at all, I'm just not one and have no intention of becoming a woman and don't fancy my chances of getting into Amsterdam as a woman.

Nothing at all, I'm just not one and have no intention of becoming a woman and don't fancy my chances of getting into Amsterdam as a woman.

if theres one place on this planet you will get into as a bloke  but officially a woman it's amsterdam.

Guest Heneage

Right relax mate where you based? Find your nearest take it in explain and they should turn it round within the day.

Right relax mate where you based? Find your nearest take it in explain and they should turn it round within the day.

I should bloody hope so, I'm in Newcastle right now as I'm going to the game tomorrow but will be heading back to Manchester on Sunday, think they have officies in Durham and Liverpool. I'll give them a ring first thing in the morning and see what they have to say.

Where's the prob? Just slip on a frock and some heels, and flutter your eyelashes at passport control.

I should bloody hope so, I'm in Newcastle right now as I'm going to the game tomorrow but will be heading back to Manchester on Sunday, think they have officies in Durham and Liverpool. I'll give them a ring first thing in the morning and see what they have to say.

british bureaucracy you're on about though. you're a wifey and just be done with it.

tooj was wondering what you're up to on thursday night ?

british bureaucracy you're on about though. you're a wifey and just be done with it.

tooj was wondering what you're up to on thursday night ?

:lol:

I'm just generally having increasingly less faith in any sort of admin system in this country. It's worrying how incompetent some areas are.

it's always been shit. used to be you had to send away at least 3 month in advance for a passport, got mine back in 3 weeks recently. its the same the world over. there is not one country that takes pride and doesn't take the piss out of its bureaucracy

Guest lankybellwipe

:lol:

Fucking woman!

Condense that!

Fucked!

Oi! There can be plenty wrong with being a woman :lol:

Still prefer it though ;)

Their office opens at 9am, will ring them and then I'm off out for pre match drinking.

Bloody scousers, woman said the computer system also had me down as a female! Got to go to the Liverpool passport office on Monday then, wonder if they will pay for my train fare? Doubt it.

Their office opens at 9am, will ring them and then I'm off out for pre match drinking.

Bloody scousers, woman said the computer system also had me down as a female! Got to go to the Liverpool passport office on Monday then, wonder if they will pay for my train fare? Doubt it.

Even if you don't have the time now I would still kick up a massive fuss about it when you get back. They have fucked up and you are the one who has to do all the running around at your own expense in your own time. Tell them you are going to the CAB or something that normally gets them off their arses (I say them, I just mean companies I have worked/dealt with in the past).

I sent one in on a Monday recently had a phone call to resolve a small query on Tuesday afternoon and had it back on Wednesday - that was via Durham and no Post Office check either................