Relegation battle started!!

Guest Christian Hayne

Guest Christian Hayne

With West Ham winning today we have dropped a place yet again now positioned in 17th. I have just watched west ham and they look as though have turned the corner, and with Manchester city playing tomorrow if they win we are 4 points off 15th. also with wigan having a game in hand we could see ourselves stuck down there.

if we fail to win this weekend against sheff utd and sheff utd win and charlton beat manchester city, we could be rock bottom of the table at the end of next weekend.

could roeder survive this if it happened, but is there anyone to replace him???

I've always expected Shearer to come in at some point, and that point is rapidly approaching - as a desperate Shepherd tries to do something.

I still don't think we'll go down, but i'm worried.

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

not surprised to be honest.

after the appointment of Roeder and the summer transfer debacle I was already convinced that we would be candidates for relegation this season.

I hoped that I would be wrong but unfortunately I wasn't....

Guest Christian Hayne

yep it's over newcastle have had there time in the prem, the fall from grace 2 (leeds was the 1st)

get a grip man

u watch it is very likely to happen, we can't score and we concede. give me a good reason to suggest it will turn around under roeder and shepherd.

Guest nufcandy

yep it's over newcastle have had there time in the prem, the fall from grace 2 (leeds was the 1st)

get a grip man

u watch it is very likely to happen, we can't score and we concede. give me a good reason to suggest it will turn around under roeder and shepherd.

tell me how many strikers played for us yesterday?

and wheres our first choice keeper?

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

If Shearer really is the last throw of the dice, how do you think he'll be received?

like a hero.

but the bloke is risking his entire reputation if he takes the job. and he is completely unproven as a manager.

imagine if he was at the helm of a newcastle side who were relegated...quite literaly from hero to zero.

If Shearer really is the last throw of the dice, how do you think he'll be received?

If Shearer's at the helm when (if) we go down, the media would have a field day with it..."poetic justice" etc.

I personally think there's no way Shearer will come back and be manager if roader gets the sack.. he's not stupid enough man, would he really risk coming back when the team is at an all time low? If he ever wants to come back to be a manager then he'll want to manage a team that is doing reasonably well.. Not one that will be almost impossible for himself to turn around with his almost non existant management experience.

Guest nufcandy

no good blaming injuries that don't help, we play with what we've got and they suck.

ok then i'll answer my own question, 1 striker! and shays injured!

now i usualy dont believe in blaming injuries but 1 striker up front with next to no expirience, had we had shola or obafemi or owen up top i think atleast one of those chances wouldve found the back of the net. i mean i am worried that relegation might happen too but your already putting us in the championship, its only like november (late october), judge us in may!

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

get a grip man

tell me how many strikers played for us yesterday?

and wheres our first choice keeper?

doesn't make any difference to be honest because we're permanently pagued with injuries.

and as far as I'm aware the FA don't give a reprieve to clubs who finish in the bottom 3 because they:

a) had a bad run of injuries

b) had 50,000 in every home game so are considered "to big" to go down

there's still a long way to go and we're not down yet but its not looking good is it...

Guest Christian Hayne

no good blaming injuries that don't help, we play with what we've got and they suck.

ok then i'll answer my own question, 1 striker! and shays injured!

now i usualy dont believe in blaming injuries but 1 striker up front with next to no expirience, had we had shola or obafemi or owen up top i think atleast one of those chances wouldve found the back of the net. i mean i am worried that relegation might happen too but your already putting us in the championship, its only like november (late october), judge us in may!

i understand your point but i am bracing myself for the worst anything better than 17th is a bonus

Guest nufcandy

all im saying is that with the chances we created yesterday we should, SHOULD, be ok this season but yes granted that isnt good enough but it'll have to do!