Steven Taylor & Bassong/Colo

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

Face it Its gonna be that all the time, when hes fit he wont get dropped no manager has the balls to drop "The Local Lad".

Whiteus Bramble struck once again today.

Bramble's somehow managed to fool Steve Bruce and the Wigan fans that he's a good defender

twice the player Taylor is. At least Bramble wasn't constantly shite

Bramble's natural ability dwarfs Taylor's completely. He's just absolutely thick as mince.

got feet made of lead. when the opposition changes direction or hits a ball over his head he basically does the splits and is stuck to the spot as he can't turn fast enough. "ooh shall i close down the man on the ball or follow the player making a run in behind, nah i'll just stand here with me legs open"

time for Bassong to move into the middle, even though he was shit today. colo needs a strong, pacy partner as he was skinned about 4 times today, and bassong provides those two things even if he is dodgy on the ball.

Swapping them around does not help, I am not totally agianst Taylor but I do worry at times when he plays, Bass in for him is not the answer, Enrique is not the answer for LB, had he started there today Cisse would have raped him.

We need to buy a LB in January and IF we get a good offer for Taylor then take it and buy another CB. We are unable to keep a clean sheet but having 2 top defenders is not enough, Beye an Colo are both vlass acts but both have to worry about what Taylor is doing, Bassong at LB works but he is not a full back he is a CB and I do really want to see what he can do in that role. We will be able to tell more after the transfer window.

Taylor should get his arse in gear, stop spouting the big I am in the chronicle about how much this means and how he's gonna do this and that and stay back after training and start developing.  I have been behind the so-called geordie in the past but he is seriously pissing me off now.  If he is doing any interviews this week, just explain who the f*** you were marking for the 1st goal.  Not good enough and nowt more to say today about him.  No doubt be saying the same next week.

When we leak goals individual defenders are singled out for bad positional play etc.

I've done it, blamed Taylor, Colo etc for goals but the more I think about the more I think there

is a collective responsibilty.

The defence seem like total strangers, fair enough there has been personnel changes but we could basically fit

all of our first team defenders in a taxi so they must all fucking know each other by now.

There is a distinct lack of communication on the pitch, often when Taylor or Colo get caught out they are trying to cover another player

that one of the fullbacks should be picking up.

The amount of times opposition players have drifted into the box, undetected, between 3 or 4 black and white shirts to have a free shot/header beggars

belief.

I know Keegan's attempt to bring a "defensive coach" in didn't seem to bear fruit but we need to be looking at something. Four players playing their

own game without any reference to what their defensive team-mates are doing is a recipe for disaster and we look a shambles at times.

A well drilled defence can overcome individual frailties and a lack of ability, at least until we bring more quality into our defensive ranks.

When we leak goals individual defenders are singled out for bad positional play etc.

I've done it, blamed Taylor, Colo etc for goals but the more I think about the more I think there

is a collective responsibilty.

The defence seem like total strangers, fair enough there has been personnel changes but we could basically fit

all of our first team defenders in a taxi so they must all f***ing know each other by now.

There is a distinct lack of communication on the pitch, often when Taylor or Colo get caught out they are trying to cover another player

that one of the fullbacks should be picking up.

The amount of times opposition players have drifted into the box, undetected, between 3 or 4 black and white shirts to have a free shot/header beggars

belief.

I know Keegan's attempt to bring a "defensive coach" in didn't seem to bear fruit but we need to be looking at something. Four players playing their

own game without any reference to what their defensive team-mates are doing is a recipe for disaster and we look a shambles at times.

A well drilled defence can overcome individual frailties and a lack of ability, at least until we bring more quality into our defensive ranks.

The shit was in front of the defence as much as in it, our central midfield was poor, I'll go further our entire midfield was shite today.