Stadium of Light - Time for the FA to act

Benwell Lad

Will anything be done about this? Keane and Claridge both saying it was nothing. Bullshit waiting to see if MOTD pick up on it.

they have got away with celebrating there goals past us by there fans coming on the pitch for years

Linekar read a statement out from the police saying that a full investigation is under way

can bet no action is took against anyone who threw coins at barton

You know what will happen - no away fans again :(

They can get fucked. Surely it's down to the home side to ensure sufficient stewarding and policing is in place, which was clearly lacking today?

Guest Heneage

Will anything be done about this? Keane and Claridge both saying it was nothing. Bullshit waiting to see if MOTD pick up on it.

they have got away with celebrating there goals past us by there fans coming on the pitch for years

Aye true.

Mind you Claridge being a pundit for the Premier Leagues a joke he had 2 seasons or whatever it was with Leicster, sub par player who continued on well past his time, the documentary with Weymouth just portrayed him as a joke.

Roy Keane in his interview spoke so much shit.

Reporter said something down the lines of:

There was a bit of " over celebrating " after the game with fans on the pitch etc . .

Roy Keane: " Hopefully the FA wont look into this , fans have waited 28 years "

Just because you cunts have waited 28 years to beat us on your home patch , gives you the right to charge at Newcastle fans , along with throwing Bottles of piss and coins at us.

Roy Keane = Ultimate Wanker !!

Guest nufc_kev

I was hit by a coin and the person behind me was cut by one on the head. I tried to report it to a member of the riot police and the response i got was "Well what the fuck do you expect me to do about it?"

Guest nufc_kev

I was hit by a coin and the person behind me was cut by one on the head. I tried to report it to a member of the riot police and the response i got was "Well what the f*** do you expect me to do about it?"

Presumably you took his number so you can report him?

Didn't think of that at the time, as the main concern was the injured person behind me. Easily identifyable be CCTV though and I shall be letting Police force know this.

I had a pretty bad injury on my leg 13 month ago , and have had 3 operations since , as I was walking to the metro station on the way back , I decided to go to the side out of the way as people got restless and began pushing the police back. I horse which weighed about 50 stone came down the bank ( being pushed by our own fans ) and absolutley threw me back and i bashed me leg ( same leg as operation ) against the bollard , only to be whacked by one of the police with a batton , I tried explaining I needed to get out of the way so I could make sure me leg was not as bad as I originally thought , only to be linked either arm by two riot police and threw against a wall and told to sit the fuck down and stop working meself.

I thought the police and stewards , inside and outside the ground were a total shambles today and the chant " You dont know what your doing " summed there work today up.

couldn't agree more about the policing going back to st peters after the match, could have been some serious injuries with the surges and crushes with the police been idiots.

I'm still thanking my mate who caught a 3/4 full bottle of coke which was flying straight towards my head at the end of the game, heading straight at me when he grabbed it about a foot from whacking me!!

on a general note about policing at games. at SJP until a couple of years ago the cops had it sussed,particularly against the inbreds but recently it seems like they've been a shambles.

do northumbria or durham constabulary do games at the sty ?

Guest Jawesome

My grandad said it was the worst he'd seen them for 30 years.  Said they acted like total arseholes wanting to fight every fucker.  Fucking coins?  I'd have thrown a grenade at the cunts.

Guest Geordiesned

There was plenty of coin throwing going on. One of their stewards was hit with a coin aimed at Barton and Barton himself was hit with a bottle (albeit plastic). The stewarding was shite as it always is down there and the police fucked up before and after the match. We were waiting for the train on the bridge at the central and the copper at the front started telling everyone they be better off getting the Metro as the train was delayed. So we headed for the Metro as did the majority of the rest in the queue as word spread. There was a Metro in the station so most piled on. There was no police on the Metro paltform in sight at this stage and then 2 came sprinting along the platform and spoke to the driver. We were in the first carriage and he started having a go at us for not staying in the train queue! It was pointed out to him that the only reason we'd moved was down to one of his useless colleagues. His response was "well you'll all have to get off this metro as there are 'normal' people on it"!! Cheeky fucking cunt!!! We were promised an empty Metro 5 minutes behind. Sure enough an empty Metro pulled in. We all got on, no police got on, so you'd expect it to go direct to Sunderland without stopping. Hell no! It stopped at every station allowing the doors to open, several of the stations had Mackems on waiting for the train and not a copper in sight! Northumbria Police couldn't organise a piss up in  brewery!

As for Roy Keane's comments about the pitch invasions being down to 28 years since they beat us down there - they invade the pitch every time they score against us! And it's not just invading the pitch, there's always charvas heading for the away end to goad us launching coins in our direction.

I had a pretty bad injury on my leg 13 month ago , and have had 3 operations since , as I was walking to the metro station on the way back , I decided to go to the side out of the way as people got restless and began pushing the police back. I horse which weighed about 50 stone came down the bank ( being pushed by our own fans ) and absolutley threw me back and i bashed me leg ( same leg as operation ) against the bollard , only to be whacked by one of the police with a batton , I tried explaining I needed to get out of the way so I could make sure me leg was not as bad as I originally thought , only to be linked either arm by two riot police and threw against a wall and told to sit the fuck down and stop working meself.

I thought the police and stewards , inside and outside the ground were a total shambles today and the chant " You dont know what your doing " summed there work today up.

couldn't agree more about the policing going back to st peters after the match, could have been some serious injuries with the surges and crushes with the police been idiots.

I'm still thanking my mate who caught a 3/4 full bottle of coke which was flying straight towards my head at the end of the game, heading straight at me when he grabbed it about a foot from whacking me!!

I was hit by a coin and the person behind me was cut by one on the head. I tried to report it to a member of the riot police and the response i got was "Well what the fuck do you expect me to do about it?"

Its the idiot 'supporters' going there with the intent of causing trouble who are the problem.

Have to say I'm not surprised at all that the three above seemed to have 'accidentally' run into trouble though :rolleyes:

Laughed my head off at one point when a horse riding women copper shouted 'get back!' to the crowd and one lad just shouted back 'ahhhh man just get ya tits out!'

not sure which thread i should post this in (it may be posted somewhere else)

A police horse suffered burns after being struck by a firework during violent clashes between rival football fans, which saw 29 arrests by police.

The horse was injured after being hit before the match between Sunderland and Newcastle. A police officer suffered a broken wrist separating rival fans.

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton had missiles thrown at him and fans invaded the pitch during and after the match.

Police are studying CCTV footage to try to identify troublemakers.

Ch Supt Neil Mackay, head of Northumbria Police's Operations Unit, said: "The vast majority of fans behaved well.

"Twenty-nine arrests out of a capacity crowd is still low and I would like to thank all the stewards involved for their assistance."

Many of those arrested were held for going on to the pitch at Sunderland's Stadium of Light.

Some fans ran on to the playing surface during the game with Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given being subject to verbal abuse.

Meanwhile, missiles were thrown from the crowd at Joey Barton as he warmed-up on the touchline. Police asked him to continue his exercises in the technical area to prevent further trouble.

At the end of the game a large group of fans raced from the stands and more fighting broke out.

Ch Supt Mackay said: "There will be a post-match inquiry to identify and arrest those who committed offences and I would particularly appeal for the public to identify the people responsible for throwing fireworks.

"It is difficult to comprehend the mentality of this. It is only through good fortune that the rider and horse and those nearby did not suffer serious injury."

The female rider of the horse was saved from injury by her helmet, a police spokesperson added.

The match ended in a 2-1 victory for Sunderland, their first victory over Newcastle at the Stadium of Light.

not sure which thread i should post this in (it may be posted somewhere else)

A police horse suffered burns after being struck by a firework during violent clashes between rival football fans, which saw 29 arrests by police.

The horse was injured after being hit before the match between Sunderland and Newcastle. A police officer suffered a broken wrist separating rival fans.

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton had missiles thrown at him and fans invaded the pitch during and after the match.

Police are studying CCTV footage to try to identify troublemakers.

Ch Supt Neil Mackay, head of Northumbria Police's Operations Unit, said: "The vast majority of fans behaved well.

"Twenty-nine arrests out of a capacity crowd is still low and I would like to thank all the stewards involved for their assistance."

Many of those arrested were held for going on to the pitch at Sunderland's Stadium of Light.

Some fans ran on to the playing surface during the game with Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given being subject to verbal abuse.

Meanwhile, missiles were thrown from the crowd at Joey Barton as he warmed-up on the touchline. Police asked him to continue his exercises in the technical area to prevent further trouble.

At the end of the game a large group of fans raced from the stands and more fighting broke out.

Ch Supt Mackay said: "There will be a post-match inquiry to identify and arrest those who committed offences and I would particularly appeal for the public to identify the people responsible for throwing fireworks.

"It is difficult to comprehend the mentality of this. It is only through good fortune that the rider and horse and those nearby did not suffer serious injury."

The female rider of the horse was saved from injury by her helmet, a police spokesperson added.

The match ended in a 2-1 victory for Sunderland, their first victory over Newcastle at the Stadium of Light.

The reason there were only 29 arrests is because ONCE AGAIN they have got away scot-free. There were HUNDREDS involved in the PITCH INVASION and MISSILE HURLING but because YEAR AFTER YEAR  they get off so lightly they now assume it's their right to behave like sub humans without reproach from the law.

The police are still working on the trouble they caused at the last two Boro derbies at the Staduim of Light, before yesterday's debacle.

Until the FA finally act and clamp down on Sunderland's behaviour and inability to control their crowd, they will assume that they can do this at every derby match in the safe knowledge NOTHING will happen to them.

Desreves mentioning that tons of fans got in to the away end yesterday after bunging the turnstile operators. Some charvas behind me slipped him £20 each and got in.

Desreves mentioning that tons of fans got in to the away end yesterday after bunging the turnstile operators. Some charvas behind me slipped him £20 each and got in.

Again illustrates's Sunderland Football Club's inability to operate their stadium within the law.

No doubt a little bit of Keane "blarney" and they'll get away with this too.