Does Xisco's situation bear similarities with that of Jose Enrique?

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

We all know Keegan had little to no faith in Enrique god knows why, but it seems that JK is the same with Xisco. He's not getting sub minutes reserve minutes nowt.

I don't get why I want to see what the lad can do hes scored for Spain U21's and while I acknowledge Shola has scored 2, does that mean he should be kept on for full 90. Its the whole thing with Butt being irreplaceable in terms of hes never subbed always starts same with Duff.

EDIT; There you go Daveycakes.

All our managers seem to favour Butt, Duff and Smith until the wheels fall off and they are forced into change. JK is old school and probably wants his big man to be jumping and battling so maybe he feels Ameobi being bigger can do it better. Shola's done ok, but once we get Barton and Jonas back in the side we will get a better idea on Xisco.

All our managers seem to favour Butt, Duff and Smith until the wheels fall off and they are forced into change. JK is old school and probably wants his big man to be jumping and battling so maybe he feels Ameobi being bigger can do it better. Shola's done ok, but once we get Barton and Jonas back in the side we will get a better idea on Xisco.

Again, another spot on assessment.

it's about trust and bravery i think. a manager knows his fate is in the hands of the players and an old school manager simply doesn't want to put his future in the hands of temperamental, lazy lads who dont train well, cant speak english and have no rapport with him. they'd rather pick good honest pros who will run all day for them. it's why managers like Souness dislike players like Laurent Robert. it takes a better manager to get over it and pick those types for the good of the team.

it's about trust and bravery i think. a manager knows his fate is in the hands of the players and an old school manager simply doesn't want to put his future in the hands of temperamental, lazy lads who dont train well, cant speak english and have no rapport with him. they'd rather pick good honest pros who will run all day for them. it's why managers like Souness dislike players like Laurent Robert. it takes a better manager to get over it and pick those types for the good of the team.

Yeah, it took balls for SBR to keep picking Robert when so many snide pundits got off on pointing out Robert's bad points.

Never mind Xisco, where the fuck's Gonzalez?

Injured IIRC

The club never mention him, he might as well not exist. Another inspired signing. Sign unknown foreigners, forcing out the current manager in the process, then bring in an old school English manager who is never going to pick them anyway? Genius.

Injured IIRC

The club never mention him, he might as well not exist. Another inspired signing. Sign unknown foreigners, forcing out the current manager in the process, then bring in an old school English manager who is never going to pick them anyway? Genius.

Injured IIRC

The situation calls for a time machine tbh. Instead we've got a dinosaur.

Never mind Xisco, where the f***'s Gonzalez?

Injured IIRC

What the f*** does this have to do with the player being injured? It's amazing how people like you can insert opinions about the board in threads that have nothing to with it.

Injured IIRC

What the f*** does this have to do with the player being injured? It's amazing how people like you can insert opinions about the board in threads that have nothing to with it.

If he's injured, why don't the club tell us when he'll be back or how he's getting on? My prediction is that he won't play for us again, injured or not.

My point stands in relation to Xisco.

Injured IIRC

If he's injured, why don't the club tell us when he'll be back or how he's getting on? My prediction is that he won't play for us again, injured or not.

He was brought in to give us some cover for Barton at the time but he's spent all that time out injured. Barton is back now so I wouldn't expect to see Gonzalez start much now in any case when he does eventually get fit.

Guest Heneage

Injured IIRC

My point stands in relation to Xisco.

I thought it was weird how JK said "hes not makign the runs he should be" followed by him being not used in our last 3 games.

Its hard for anyone to say whether hes good enough or not for the PL. Hes not even played 5 games for us yet. Hes scored 1 goal- on his debut- but apart from that hasnt really done anything. But whenever hes come on, we've been down a goal or two and chasing games so it is hard for him to make an impact then, and plus the fact he doesnt speak English.

I cant see his career at NUFC surviving more than this season tbh. He wasnt even a target for KK. Although I think Kinnear should maybe give him a go when Shola or even Oba starts to tire. I can see Shola and Oba starting upfront for us on Tuesday though...

Both KK and JFK seem to agree that Xisco is far from ready for Premiership duty. There's little way he can justify getting ahead of Shola at the moment.