Does Xisco's situation bear similarities with that of Jose Enrique?

Guest Heneage

his situation is exactly the same as Luque's when he was here, signed by another manager (i think..) and then a new manager came and he dosn't like him so he puts him on the bench and starts everyone else instead.

but Xisco wasn't signed by Keegan...

Guest Washington_Mag

Enrique is the best left back at the club, no idea why Kinnear would want to stick Bassong out of position there instead.

Both KK and JFK seem to agree that Xisco is far from ready for Premiership duty. There's little way he can justify getting ahead of Shola at the moment.

When did Keegan say this?

You'd figure Keegan didn't have much of a good look at him. Considering he abandoned ship the day Xisco was signed.

We all know Keegan had little to no faith in Enrique god knows why, but it seems that JK is the same with Xisco. He's not getting sub minutes reserve minutes nowt.

I don't get why I want to see what the lad can do hes scored for Spain U21's and while I acknowledge Shola has scored 2, does that mean he should be kept on for full 90. Its the whole thing with Butt being irreplaceable in terms of hes never subbed always starts same with Duff.

JFK is going to play Shola due to his recent goal burst & Oba is a starter, so it seems obvious to me why he is not playing. When little Micky O come back he will be further down the pecking order. As for the reserves it is very rare a player classed a purely first team player gets a run out in the stiffs.

Guest ryunufc

too early to tell. at least he was among the 7 subs and Carroll was not, so it is a matter of time before he gets sub appearance.

But he needs to adjust you cant learn by keeping the seats warm.

JFK has to go with XI that he thinks are going to win us games, we are in the shite we are not in position to whack out 20mins here & there at first team level. I would put him in stiffs for a run out but it is very rare this happens now.

I could see him scoring against West Brom.

On what basis? The little I've seen of him he looks like one of those horses in the Grand National that keep going after the jockey has fallen off.  In and around the action but never with a chance of being involved.

I know it's early and it's a difficult time etc but he's shown nowt to me and his goal against Hull just hit him it was hardly a classic

I'm not knee jerking anything (I haven't got the legs for it) I'm basing an opinion on what I've seen of him as a Newcastle player.

I hope I'm wrong and I know it's a shit time to have joined the club and he's young and in a different league etc, etc but we're in a relegation fight and it would take a brave decision to gamble on what he's shown thus far and perhaps in training but I can't comment on that as I do see it.

As I've said I hope I'm wrong and he scores the goals to save us but at present I do and can have doubts

Guest Heneage

I'm not knee jerking anything (I haven't got the legs for it) I'm basing an opinion on what I've seen of him as a Newcastle player.

I hope I'm wrong and I know it's a s*** time to have joined the club and he's young and in a different league etc, etc but we're in a relegation fight and it would take a brave decision to gamble on what he's shown thus far and perhaps in training but I can't comment on that as I do see it.

As I've said I hope I'm wrong and he scores the goals to save us but at present I do and can have doubts

Thats my point very little.

Kinnear's only here for the short term - he only has a small number of games to prove he's worth keeping or that someone else should hire him afterwards. There's no way he's going to be worried about long term planing and helping a young player adapt to the league. It's all about the results for him, and tbh in the position we're in now it should be regardless of manager. We can't afford the luxury of giving him games just "to see what he can do".

I hope I'm wrong and I know it's a s*** time to have joined the club and he's young and in a different league etc, etc but we're in a relegation fight and it would take a brave decision to gamble on what he's shown thus far and perhaps in training but I can't comment on that as I do see it.

Thats my point very little.

So how much more Premiership football have you seen him play to form your opinion?

Guest Heneage

I've seen him in La Liga and in the Premier League. If you look at him hes good at build up decent bit of pace. How anyone can say hes not good enough when hes played for us during a shit spell is beggers belief. Its this forum all over you're either mint or shite.

Kinnear's only here for the short term - he only has a small number of games to prove he's worth keeping or that someone else should hire him afterwards. There's no way he's going to be worried about long term planing and helping a young player adapt to the league. It's all about the results for him, and tbh in the position we're in now it should be regardless of manager. We can't afford the luxury of giving him games just "to see what he can do".

Very well put.

Guest Heneage

But if Sholas fading why not change it up?

But if Sholas fading why not change it up?

Because he's scoring?