Does Xisco's situation bear similarities with that of Jose Enrique?

Guest Heneage

Xisco has only played in crisis situations so far. I did notice that when he won a header he tried to direct it to another player, whereas Ameobi just jumped high and let it bounce of his head in whichever direction it chose.

We may as well sell the lad now, he's never going to get a chance judging by the reaction of some of the so-called fans when he came on.

It will be the same wankers who gave Robert stick and started on Luque during his home debut.

We may as well sell the lad now, he's never going to get a chance judging by the reaction of some of the so-called fans when he came on.

I didn`t manage to see the game unfortunately but was it Xisco that was actually booed by the fans? or rather the fans angry at the substitution of Martins coming off instead of Shola?

can't do his confidence any good to be on the bench while shola the "stumbling bambi" get's a first team place.

Fuck me are you fucking real? your going on about people having a go at xisco then your blasting shola when he had a good game??? I don't rate shola but you can't knock the lad for the way he played last night? he won nearly every ball in the air & held it up well..

Martins was shit last night never read one knock on by shola I think it was the right decision to take him off..

Imo

can't do his confidence any good to be on the bench while shola the "stumbling bambi" get's a first team place.

Fuck me are you fucking real? your going on about people having a go at xisco then your blasting shola when he had a good game??? I don't rate shola but you can't knock the lad for the way he played last night? he won nearly every ball in the air & held it up well..

Martins was shit last night never read one knock on by shola I think it was the right decision to take him off..

Imo

How can you read any knock on by Shola seeing as they just bounce off his head in random speed and direction?

f*** me are you f***ing real? your going on about people having a go at xisco then your blasting shola when he had a good game??? I don't rate shola but you can't knock the lad for the way he played last night? he won nearly every ball in the air & held it up well..

Martins was s*** last night never read one knock on by shola I think it was the right decision to take him off..

Imo

How can you read any knock on by Shola seeing as they just bounce off his head in random speed and direction?

A canny few of them knock on's went straight forward, martins was stood still for 90% of them..

I don't think martins is 100% fit yet but his reading of the game & overall link up last night was pish..

f*** me are you f***ing real? your going on about people having a go at xisco then your blasting shola when he had a good game??? I don't rate shola but you can't knock the lad for the way he played last night? he won nearly every ball in the air & held it up well..

Martins was s*** last night never read one knock on by shola I think it was the right decision to take him off..

Imo

A canny few of them knock on's went straight forward, martins was stood still for 90% of them..

I don't think martins is 100% fit yet but his reading of the game & overall link up last night was pish..

Martins was poor last night but I defy any striker to get on the end of knock ons that land 10 yards away. At least Shola is winning headers these days, that's a start.

Imo

Martins was poor last night but I defy any striker to get on the end of knock ons that land 10 yards away. At least Shola is winning headers these days, that's a start.

;D

Are people actually knocking Shola for winning almost every header and defending Martins for not gambling that Shola would win the ball? after the first 2 or 3 headers Martins should have been on his bike every time; he wasn't. Shola did ok again, I can't understand why he stayed on instead of Martins, for his lack pace should have seen him off in that switch.

Xisco will get his chance if he shows he's good enough in training. Some of the comments being made are ridiculous. Luque didn't get any stick on his home debut; he lasted about 20 minutes before going off injured. It has to be said though that he did show in that 20 minutes that he had no pace and couldn't play on the wing. Luque was given every chance to win the fans over, some people just can't accept that he was a complete waste of money & was crap for us & has continued to be crap elsewhere.

Are people actually knocking Shola for winning almost every header and defending Martins for not gambling that Shola would win the ball? after the first 2 or 3 headers Martins should have been on his bike every time; he wasn't. Shola did ok again, I can't understand why he stayed on instead of Martins, for his lack pace should have seen him off in that switch.

Xisco will get his chance if he shows he's good enough in training. Some of the comments being made are ridiculous. Luque didn't get any stick on his home debut; he lasted about 20 minutes before going off injured. It has to be said though that he did show in that 20 minutes that he had no pace and couldn't play on the wing. Luque was given every chance to win the fans over, some people just can't accept that he was a complete waste of money & was crap for us & has continued to be crap elsewhere.

Martins was on his bike when the flick ons landed anywhere in his vicinity. Did you actually see Shola try to head them in his direction because I didn't. He won a lot of balls in the air and fair play to him for that, but you can't expect Martins to know where each ball is going to drop.

it is disgusting how people reacted to Xisco last night. A man near me nearly blew a blood vessel shouting at him as though he had just got us relegated , f**k off man ! He is only 22 FFS , I'm sure local lad Andy Carroll wouldn't get that much abuse and he is a much worse player from what i've seen.

Guest Heneage

Was it me or was JK saying some pretty angry words to Xisco after his wrong pass to Duff?

f***ing disgrace if true because Duff's original ball to Xisco was lliterally behind the lad

Exactly, he had one chance and he didn't catch the shot. I still don't get why not put Martins Xisco together.