Is this the worst Newcastle side for 28 years?

cp40

the makems are going berserk cos they have beaten us at thier home for the first time in 28 years, ..is this the worst toon side in that time. If so , are they getting carried away. Who is to blame for getting us to this position.???

Couldn't comment on anything pre 1993 ish really, but its a pretty drab team compared to anything i've seen over the past 15 years.

We had some shit sides with Dalglish, the likes of Rush, Barnes, Disco Des, Andersson etc.

If that useless cunt Kinnear had an ounce of courage and played the best team out of the players available we'd have very likely won that match.

He paid them far too much respect and fucked up big style. It's why he'll never get a job of this stature full time.

Nowhere near the worst NUFC team in 28 yrs but considerably less fight and drive than most teams taking part in derby games in most of that period.  No wonder people are pissed off with this overpaid circus.

Nowhere near the worst NUFC team in 28 yrs but considerably less fight and drive than most teams taking part in derby games in most of that period.  No wonder people are pissed off with this overpaid circus.

i posed the question, to raise debate, i think the side of the late 80s were equally poor, if not worse., but its your overpaid circus remark that gets me thinking,.....

Does this side give the worst value for money for 28 years???

i posed the question, to raise debate, i think the side of the late 80s were equally poor, if not worse., but its your overpaid circus remark that gets me thinking,.....

Does this side give the worst value for money for 28 years???

No, the one above where you asked this question was the worst.

Certainly one of the worst in the Premiership era. The squad has been patched together without any sort of thought towards the type of football we are going to play. I couldn't tell you our best XI and I don't think anyone at the club has a clue either.

The two good periods we've had in the Premiership are when we've had eleven players who are the best in their own positions in a specific formation and when one in out, someone else comes in. At the moment, we have to shove square pegs in round holes, change formations, move players from where they are settled. It's just a total mess.

The real worry for us is that the bottom of the Premiership looks much stronger than last year - the three promoted clubs all have more about them than usual (Hull are home and dry already tbh), Wigan are much better and won't go down, ditto the mackems, Spurs will probably get themselves out of it, Bolton and Fulham look more capable than last season. We need to start picking up points - I want a minimum of eight from WBA, Villa, Fulham and Wigan. No excuses.

Certainly one of the worst in the Premiership era. The squad has been patched together without any sort of thought towards the type of football we are going to play. I couldn't tell you our best XI and I don't think anyone at the club has a clue either.

The two good periods we've had in the Premiership are when we've had eleven players who are the best in their own positions in a specific formation and when one in out, someone else comes in. At the moment, we have to shove square pegs in round holes, change formations, move players from where they are settled. It's just a total mess.

it's a bit like international football then, this DOF system. the coach isnt in charge of what players he has at his disposal so can't tailor a plan and go and get people specifically for it. instead, he has to make do with what he is given, no matter how unbalanced or incomplete, in the same way england had to make do without a left winger for over a decade.

it's a bit like international football then, this DOF system. the coach isnt in charge of what players he has at his disposal so can't tailor a plan and go and get people specifically for it. instead, he has to make do with what he is given, no matter how unbalanced or incomplete, in the same way england had to make do without a left winger for over a decade.

No not really. Not at all.

This side is a million times better better than anything we were forced to play during the late-Souness, Roeder, and Allardyce/Keegan eras.

People have short memories. The strength of the side itself isn't the issue here.

No not really. Not at all.

how so? seems very similar to me, if anything, an international coach has more freedom as they can choose who they call up.

Guest The Libertine

If Keegan had been able to make the signings in the positions he was wanting then we would potentially have a very good side. That's the really pissing off thing for me.

agreed. henry, lampard and beckham would have worked wonders for us tbh.

If Keegan had been able to make the signings in the positions he was wanting then we would potentially have a very good side. That's the really pissing off thing for me.

I'd like to think that's true but we really can't say. His kind of signing in his previous job at Man City included over the hill Fowler, McManaman, Seaman and Sinclair!

I've not seen as weak a Centre midfield or strikers in a good long while.

You think our strike force is week this year? Really? You must have missed Roeder's season at the helm, when we were regulatly starting Sibierski and Dyer next to Martins (Who was thrown into the deep end in an incredible way).

Guest Heneage

You think our strike force is week this year? Really? You must have missed Roeder's season at the helm, when we were regulatly starting Sibierski and Dyer next to Martins (Who was thrown into the deep end in an incredible way).

Sorry but while on paper the quality looked poor, think you'll find they did a job, these boys simply aren't. Our last 5 goals, 1 striker 1 midfielder 1 defender scoring, thats piss poor, Martins needs to pull his finger out, watching them today it seemed like they were more concerned about getting away in time for his birthday.

Sorry but while on paper the quality looked poor, think you'll find they did a job, these boys simply aren't. Our last 5 goals, 1 striker 1 midfielder 1 defender scoring, thats piss poor, Martins needs to pull his finger out, watching them today it seemed like they were more concerned about getting away in time for his birthday.

I'm sorry but I think you are wrong on that front mate. In the league that year we only had two players score five or more goals Oba (11) and Dyer (5). I think that squad is easily the worst of this decade. Besides Dyer, there is not one play gone from that side that we miss. At this point in that season Martins had scored once, and a crippled Ameobi (As opposed to the somewhat fit looking one now) was our main goal scorer.