Moral Dilemma

Ally

Right.

There's an idiot that lives in the flat opposite me who is an unemployed bum who basically sits around in his flat getting drunk all day. His car is always in and out of the car park and i'd always thought that he must be drink driving as i've very rarely seen him sober.

Last night I was drawing my curtains and as I was looking out of the window I saw him drive into the car park and stagger to the front door of the flats. When I say stagger, I mean he was absolutely shit faced and could barely stand up. So much so that when he was typing the security code into the door he very nearly fell over and had to grab a drain pipe to stay upright.

I'm tempted to phone the police and report his drink driving but I know there's no way of proving he even left the flat. He can do whatever he likes to himself but if he's driving in that state then he's going to kill someone innocent and i'd hate to have ignored it when he eventually does hurt someone.

Should I report him to the police or just mind my own business?

Report him pronto! No brainer tbh

That was my gut reaction but I suggested it to a few people today and the idea was rubbished by them all so it planted a seed of doubt, so to speak!

Have you a video camera? Might be worth your while to look out for him coming home some day and film him pissed getting out of his car. I know it sounds daft but at least then you have proof, if you ring the police while hes in the house then its his word against yours really.

Have you a video camera? Might be worth your while to look out for him coming home some day and film him pissed getting out of his car. I know it sounds daft but at least then you have proof, if you ring the police while hes in the house then its his word against yours really.

Exactly what people said earlier.

I don't have a video camera sadly, agree what you say about needing proof though. He'd just deny ever leaving the flat unless actually caught in the act.

Guest lankybellwipe

Don't get involved in CCTV stuff (could cause repercussions for you) , just anonymously inform the law of your concerns, and tell them when to expect him home, if theres a pattern.

They will take it from there, but if it persists with no outcome, get back in touch, and don't leave it hanging!

Dicks like that are better off under the fackin car!

If the police arrived promptly enough after he had left the car in such a state then the engine would still be hot which would at least identify to them that his motor had been used recently. Even if it's not enough for them to do anything other than have a word with him and point out they are keeping tabs on him, then at least you have made the effort.

Guest lankybellwipe

Actually i changed my mind, dont report him, i enjoy reading JJC's posts

JJ is a scream I know, but please do something here!

Looking back at a childs early death, and thinking "Why, why!" would be too much for me!

Guest LucaAltieri

Fuck everyone else... if he lives in the same street and he's driving home pissed one day he could hit you. Surely that's reason enough to grass him up.