The longer JK stays...

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

The real prospect of relegation increases!

While I personally like the man as a character and of course badly want him to do well and I'm also grateful he's here if only because anyone is better than no-one, he is without doubt a poor manager whose only skills are passion and fighting talk which will give us a hard working team that play with plenty of heart. In short a relegation threatened side.

Tactically we have no plan other than to lump it long.

We are shipping goals in. 2 a game on average since he was appointed.

At the other end we are struggling to create chances and the goals we have scored are what I'd call scrappy goals or loose goals in the main.

It is no surprise to me that we haven't won a game or have been on the backfoot in every game since he took over.

Yesterday was as bad a performance as I've seen from our team in a while and I include the Souness, Roeder and Big Sam eras in saying that.

Sunderland were extremely average and had a simple game plan which Kinnear failed to recognise or respond to.

We beat ourselves yesterday and it is becoming an increasing theme with us, one that cannot continue much longer because we're in danger of becoming rooted at the bottom of the table. Kinnear doesn't have the tactical nous or necessary skills to propel us up the table nor keep us in this division I fear.

The more we lose the more despondent, detached and accepting of the situation our players will become too.

I was disguted by yesterday's performance. Our players couldn't even deal with the windy conditions which you'd think they'd be used to given they train in such conditions for large parts of the year.

No excuses.

Half-time came at the wrong time. You must have been pleased by the response to going 1-0 down, it was a strong one and a fully deserved equaliser came about. I thought at the time though, "Why aren't Newcastle going for a second?", because Sunderland were rattled.

In the end, the result came down to a very well taken free kick.

To change, well, I think it rests with the players. They need to take some of the responsibility, they should surely be able to come together and produce a better performance than the s**t that was offered in the 2nd half yesterday. Surely?

Sell the club.

Bring in new management.

Change the clubs structure.

Begin to play Barton in stead of guthrie or butt , take your pick.

Get geremi off the pitch and gutierrez back in.

Give Nzogbia a chance.

Play Enrique at left back.

Have a team which looks like:

GIVEN

BEYE

CACAPA

COLLOCINI

ENRIQUE

GUTIERREZ

BUTT/GUTHRIE

BARTON

NZOGBIA

MARTINS

DUFF/SHOLA/OWEN

This is like Groundhog Day, I'm defending the second new manager in a row, how long did it take Keegan to get his first win?  I'm sure it was something like 10 games before we actually won one and at one time we had scored 6 goals and let in 20.  It took us 4 games to score a goal and in that time we'd let in 9.

Both Keegan and Kinnear came to the club not knowing much about the players they would be working with other than reputation and like Keegan, Kinnear with pick the players he knows about while he works with the others and gets to know them, then he'll be able to pick players on what he can see.  I'm not saying he's as good as Keegan but it will still take him time until he settles in, if he actually does.

I'm not even against Kinnear himself, but we need someone permanent who knows he has a long term future here.

Perhaps it's time for Ashley to just admit that he'll probably have to be here for a bit longer and find a permanent manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd go along with most of that. :neutral:

The question is how do we change it?

That would involve removing Kinnear and bringing in a much better manager long-term and supporting that manager in the jan window. Not gonna happen is it? Our season is already screwed up but the longer JK stays the greater the danger of relegation grows. I won't say it is a real prospect just now because there are still many points to play for but if he's here in jan I for one will be extremely worried and I can't see us climbing that table any time soon.

That would involve removing Kinnear and bringing in a much better manager long-term and supporting that manager in the jan window. Not gonna happen is it? Our season is already screwed up but the longer JK stays the greater the danger of relegation grows. I won't say it is a real prospect just now because there are still many points to play for but if he's here in jan I for one will be extremely worried and I can't see us climbing that table any time soon.

We're not in a position to bring in a better manager until the club ownership changes, bringing in somebody else now would mean he would have to go through the same learning process and we'd possible end up bringing in a 4th manager if the club was sold.

Before the mackem match we were happy with him...

Get off his back, not our fault Keegan left us in the shit and have such shite backroom staff. Hes come in and trying to do a decent job.

A win on Tuesday and next Monday then we will be saying hes great!? you either like him or hate him, dont get on his back because of one fucking match.

He bottled it yesterday.Had he brought on barton or jonas in the first half instead of injecting Butt (Unfortunatley not the lethal one) I dont believe we would have lost. And zogg on the bench with shola on the pitch? A total fucking disgrace. Why not through xisco upfront for the first half? Or a big issue seller? Anyone except that useless bastard. And dont give me all this 2 goals in 2 games shite, hes missed ten in 2 games aswell.

Sell the club.

Bring in new management.

Give Nzogbia a chance.

GIVEN

BEYE

CACAPA

COLLOCINI

ENRIQUE

GUTIERREZ

BUTT/GUTHRIE

BARTON

NZOGBIA

MARTINS

DUFF/SHOLA/OWEN

Serious question, but what has Martins done this season to merit being the one striker with another?

Sell the club.

Bring in new management.

Give Nzogbia a chance.

GIVEN

BEYE

CACAPA

COLLOCINI

ENRIQUE

GUTIERREZ

BUTT/GUTHRIE

BARTON

NZOGBIA

MARTINS

DUFF/SHOLA/OWEN

pretty sure kinnear would play barton and gutierrez every week had they not been injured/suspended or in yesterdays case cvoming back from lengthy spells out and the rest of the team coming off a good performance.

Sell the club.

Bring in new management.

Give Nzogbia a chance.

GIVEN

BEYE

CACAPA

COLLOCINI

ENRIQUE

GUTIERREZ

BUTT/GUTHRIE

BARTON

NZOGBIA

MARTINS

DUFF/SHOLA/OWEN

Serious question, but what has Martins done this season to merit being the one striker with another?

Pace?

Joe made mistakes yesterday but as long as he learns from them for Tuesday then we'll do ok. Plus we're at home so hopefully it'll be a more positive display.

I can't see him ever realising that he needs to drop Butt.

Keegan wouldn't drop Butt either to be fair.

Joe made mistakes yesterday but as long as he learns from them for Tuesday then we'll do ok. Plus we're at home so hopefully it'll be a more positive display.

I can't see him ever realising that he needs to drop Butt.

Keegan wouldn't drop Butt either to be fair.

Never really had the options to. Kinnear at least now has Guthrie and Barton available to start.

The longer it takes to sell the club then the greater the chance there is of us going down, we need stability and there ys non what so ever at the moment.  We need also to have a fit starting 11 that can get a run of games together, missing top players added tot he mess with Ashley is what has cost us so much, JK can only work with what he has but what he has is getting better with players returning to fitness.

I will worry about relegation if we are not sold by the time the trannsfer window opens, Ashley is only going to sell players, no way he will spend moeny.