Broke phone, no insurance !

Adam

Right, I upgraded my contracted few months back. I didn't realise then that you have to renew the insurance (just thought it would carry on). This morning I was taking some hockey training and a ball hit my bag and has cracked the bottom of my phone. Its broke, won't turn on etc etc. I have my old fone that will do me for now. So what can I do ?

Do Vodafone offer a repair service ? Though it may cost a fair wack to fix it (if it can be fixed).

I could start the insurance again then claim in a few weeks (though i'm sure thats illegal and may look a bit iffy).

Buy a new phone but thats going to cost me quite a bit.

Any ideas ? I still have my old K800 that will do me for now, my c902 is wrecked bottom is cracked and phone is bent so not sure if it can be fixed !

say youd like to renew your insurance then few weeks later claim its brokE?

Yea think thats my best bet atm.

As long as you haven't reported it to your network provider already that it's broke.  The insurance company will check with them to see if you've already reported it before taking out the insurance.

Yea not sure if it will work, went in to town today and asked if I could add it to my contract and they wanted to see the phone, before adding the insurance. Will ring tomorrow see what they say.

Right, I upgraded my contracted few months back. I didn't realise then that you have to renew the insurance (just thought it would carry on). This morning I was taking some hockey training and a ball hit my bag and has cracked the bottom of my phone. Its broke, won't turn on etc etc. I have my old fone that will do me for now. So what can I do ?

Do Vodafone offer a repair service ? Though it may cost a fair wack to fix it (if it can be fixed).

I could start the insurance again then claim in a few weeks (though i'm sure thats illegal and may look a bit iffy).

Buy a new phone but thats going to cost me quite a bit.

Any ideas ? I still have my old K800 that will do me for now, my c902 is wrecked bottom is cracked and phone is bent so not sure if it can be fixed !

Are you with the same network provider? Bit strange that the sales person wouldn't automatically continue your insurance, particularly as they get $$$ as commission for doing so...you might have a claim against the Vodafone(?) store for not selling you the right product.

Afterall, if you've had insurance on your last 12/18mth contract and they've not added it onto the new one (it would have automatically continued if you'd have stayed on the month-month old contract) - it shouldn't be too hard to get some sort of compensation out of them.

Would recommend kicking up a fuss and getting your phone fixed/repaired that way. Works with Orange.