Is this really a difficult question to answer???? I think so.

Jay Jay Sea

Is it really better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Is it really better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm really not sure

Serious topic from me for a change. Simple question but difficult to answer I think.  Interested in your views and comments on why you have voted as you have done? Appreciate that this might be a little bit of a sensitive topic for some folks.

Cheers

JJC

Guest lankybellwipe

This is certainly a tricky area to negotiate JJ!

I would suggest trying on Thursdays when the tide is out! This will give you more time to consider the pros and cons of the situation, and maybe walk the dog, and give him a bone!

O0

Ooops, i answered no on accident, question confused me.

The moments with somebody you loved are priceless!

would they be if you found  out  they've been shagging around and slagging you off behind your back for example ?

I can imagine that being head over heels in love with someone, and knowing that they feel the same, is one of the best feelings ever. So i'd go with 'yeah', but i'm not (really) speaking from experience...

I can imagine that being head over heels in love with someone, and knowing that they feel the same, is one of the best feelings ever. So i'd go with 'yeah', but i'm not (really) speaking from experience...

Its nice while it lasts :(

Some interesting results being thrown up here. I thought that there might have been a higher % of people voting for yes - better to have loved and lost.  Granted not many people voting but there are still a fair few who just don't know whether it is or isn't.  I'm stuck in the do not know.  In terms of loved and lost I think more specificially about my wife or children and no-one else.  Not even girlfriends that I loved (or maybe thought I did?) where we have split on bad terms.  It depends how you look at it.  Typically I am looking at the extreme, let's say, God forbid, we lose a child at a really young age.  I know that we have zero hold over fate, accidents, 1 in a billion occurences but the forces that take our children away and dealing with that is just uncomprehensible.  I can't and don't ever want to think that......but I can't help feeling, maybe through being a scardey pants, that I would not be able to deal with that at all.  Relationship break-ups as well, not sure I could deal with that either.  I know people on here who have dealt with gut-wrenching stuff and I commend them for their inner strength.  The pain the love brings, once it's gone, can sometimes be so unbearable. That's all.  Inner strength seems to be the key. Optymism and hope?

Optimism, hope, but most importantly realism and perspective - in this life everything is temporary.

Although it hurts like hell when you lose someone, would anyone really say it would have been better not to have experienced love at all? I doubt it.

Saying that, I'm only in my 20s so the worst pain is yet to come I imagine!

Hardley the case for me, i was in love with this girl and i lost her, and untill i find someone to replace her i really wish it didn't happen because it fucked me up big time, but i agree with what cat said because i think what happend made me a better person and hopefully i'll manage to find someone even better now :)