Tony Adams new Portsmouth Manager

Guest michaelfoster

His patter on MOTD was bad, he was asked a question on a team.  Started off wth "well at pompy we "  then totally ingnored the question with loads of crap patter.

Aye, i remember that. :lol:  He did look half cut on that episode aswell tbh. But aye, every single question, turned it into a Pompey-related issure. Was more confusing than anything else, really. Can't say i like the guy at all tbh. Any interview i've heard with him he's chatted bollocks. Can remember him preaching that Steve McClaren's replacement for the England job should have been Glenn Hoddle. :idiot2:

Promotions from within never seem to work, having said that Portsmouth have a steady back 4 (well, when they actually play 4) so they won't be in too much shit. Astounds me how a guy who was shit at Wycombe is now a Premiership boss, whatever though, not our problem.

Managing a team like Wycombe and a Premiership team are different worlds. You cant base anything off that because it takes a different type of manager to do both jobs.

Loads of people would have Frank Rijkaard as our next manager based on what he did at Barca, the only thing he did before they appointed him was to get a small club relegated.

Loads of people would have Frank Rijkaard as our next manager based on what he did at Barca, the only thing he did before they appointed him was to get a small club relegated.

To be fair, he did well with the national team before that.

Hard to comment on it. My gut instinct is I don't think he'll do well.

He'd do extremely well to keep them on the same pace as last year, but for some reason its not working as well, and this change (blow) is quite a big one considering and for him to keep it stable without changing too much has to be his only priority right now.

Tough job really considering what's he's going to have to live up too, glad he's took it though.

His patter on MOTD was bad, he was asked a question on a team.  Started off wth "well at pompy we "  then totally ingnored the question with loads of crap patter.

I remember him on that last season completely writing off our chances of finishing 5th and making Portsmouth out to be world beaters with a smug b****** look on his face. It was nice absolutely spanking them that season when their chances of 5th were already long consigned to the bin. :lol:

Everytime I've seen him as a pundit or getting interviewed he comes across as a right plank.

Mad a total hash of things at Wycombe as well. Bad appointment imo, only give him the job because he's a cheap option.

Guest Heneage

I remember him on that last season completely writing off our chances of finishing 5th and making Portsmouth out to be world beaters with a smug b****** look on his face. It was nice absolutely spanking them that season when their chances of 5th were already long consigned to the bin. :lol:

Everytime I've seen him as a pundit or getting interviewed he comes across as a right plank.

Mad a total hash of things at Wycombe as well. Bad appointment imo, only give him the job because he's a cheap option.

Was I not right in saying that he was Wycombe gaffer around time Taylor joined them on Loan, no fuking wonder it went arse over tit.

Guest Heneage

Does anyone feel like Harry just left cos he realised how poorly they were financially despite everyone in the media calling him a great "Wheeler Dealer".

Got his work cut out already what with Portsmouth being skint and I am pretty sure 1 or 2 will already be looking towards North London and elsewhere for their next transfer now that Harry is gone.

Can see a slide down the table on the cards for them