roader the first team, the kids

Guest thaitoon

Guest thaitoon

What is a worrying is, here was a man in charge of our youth, who was fortunate to get the first team job on the basis of a "good run", the critiscm now seems to be the lack of tactical nowse etc.

so how does a man get the job of teaching our youth in the first place, if his tactical awareness is suspect, surely at any level, regardless of age , nufc should be appointing first class coaches at every level, to secure the brightest talents and to nuture them through to first team duties.

seems to me that the club have not only got the first team coach wrong, but throughout the system we"re weak

but the reputation we have as a club at looking after our youth aint good, never has been, as far as i can remember, and were going back to the early 60" s here.

unfortunately the solution isnt going to be simple, if it ever happens at all, protesting and staying away is as good as it gets, but time will take its course, but it might be a little to late this time around

Exactly, I agree. And ideally, I wouldnt mind seeing him go back to being the academy director after his stint at managing the first team... although the implications of that might make it difficult for him to go back.

What is a worrying is, here was a man in charge of our youth, who was fortunate to get the first team job on the basis of a "good run", the critiscm now seems to be the lack of tactical nowse etc.

so how does a man get the job of teaching our youth in the first place, if his tactical awareness is suspect, surely at any level, regardless of age , nufc should be appointing first class coaches at every level, to secure the brightest talents and to nuture them through to first team duties.

seems to me that the club have not only got the first team coach wrong, but throughout the system we"re weak

but the reputation we have as a club at looking after our youth aint good, never has been, as far as i can remember, and were going back to the early 60" s here.

unfortunately the solution isnt going to be simple, if it ever happens at all, protesting and staying away is as good as it gets, but time will take its course, but it might be a little to late this time around

I see what you mean, next time we'll employ Scolari as our academy director.  :roll:

But then again, would he be good enough? Im not sure  blueconfused.gif

Part of the youth team problems are that the scouts are only interested in watching Wallsend junours and Cramlington, together with a nepotistic tendency to go for ex players sons or relatives. You can see this when the academy plays a good local team and loose. No it doesn't happen all the time , but it does happen. This is the main reason there are not more youngsters coming through the ranks. You can see it when kids go for a trial, there are ones that are known ( to the scouts ) from playing for Cramlington and Wallsend, and the others who are not known, they are in the main ignored and hardly spoken to. Go to the trials at Bullock Steads and see for yourselves.

Guest thaitoon

I dont think you can honestly say that teaching 10 year olds requires the same tactical nous as a Premiership first team can you? Regardless of how shit a manager he is (and he IS shit) he was a good youth coach.

probably a lot easier to teach than some of the clowns we have at first team level, didnt have enough time to see if in fact he was/is a good youth team coach, and did he take ten yr olds, mmmm ?

and can you be shit as a manager, and not be shit as a youth team manager, i dont know about that, similiar principles just different age groups

but the point is ,its becoming increasingly clear that the man, hasnt got the qualities to cope with first team football, not his fault, it again goes back to who made the appointment.

i would also question his spending of 9m on a 21 yr old to solve the problem we have up front, i think he eventually might become a decent player, but its just too much for him at the moment, and its naive to think that he would solve the problem

Guest thaitoon

I see what you mean, next time we'll employ Scolari as our academy director.  :roll:

But then again, would he be good enough? Im not sure  blueconfused.gif

nah, couldnt cope with the publicity blueyes.gif