Jonas Left or Right

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

To me Jonas is a left sided player. Its where he was successful for Majorca, and its where he has played best for us. Similarly Duff has looked better on the right, but a poll about Duff is just not what people want to hear is it

Guest nufc_kev

Jonas is best on the left, Duff is best on the right. Seems a no brainer.....but.......I really like the idea of constantly wing swapping. It never lets the ful backs settle.

To me Jonas is a left sided player. Its where he was successful for Majorca, and its where he has played best for us. Similarly Duff has looked better on the right, but a poll about Duff is just not what people want to hear is it

We've got 3 left wingers in Jonas, Duff and Zog, for me it's simple first choice left winger should get the left spot. Both Duff and Zog are capable of playing wide right although I would prefer a right-footed player there.

The best thing about the wing play last night was the fact that they mixed and matched a couple of times. Was pretty effective - and you're right, Jonas looked a lot more keen and able down the left. If we had a better right-winger, then i'd start him on the left, but we don't.

Duff-left/Jonas-right      >      Jonas-left/Geremi-right

If only Duff was capable of crossing a ball and shooting. We'd have quite a scary wing combo.

Its great to have him back. I'm guessing he's best on the left but because Geremi isn't really sufficient cover for a right wing, we'll have to keep him on the right. We have Duff and Zoggy on the left, so we're just going to have to keep Jonas right sided for now.

Geremi will do as backup but hes not a winger, hes mainly a central midfielder.......who can't cross or take corners without hitting the 1st man.

Jonas is flexible enough to play either wing well, thats why hes so important to us :)

My hope is that once Owen gets back, Duff and Jonas can have a decent striker to put the ball into and our scoring will improve. Duff had some great runs yesterday, but obviously his finishing was poor. At the same time, he would benefit from having someone like Owen in the box, I think.

Duff on the right, Jonas on the left (but switching periodically duringt the game), Martins using his pace up front, and Owen doing what he does best as a clinical finisher, and we should be able to cause problems for most defences.

That is, if they stay fit.

Central midfield attacking role for me.

His energy,work rate and creativiyt in the middle would help us no end.

Duff  Barton Guthrie Zogbia

Jonas

Martins

Jonas

Martins

In a team which lacks goals the central midfielder playing furthest forward needs to chip in. That's why Barton or Owen need to play there for me. Jonas record doesn't suggest he'll get enough.

Jonas

Martins

Swap Martins for Owen and I'd agree. Sure, he doesn't have the pace of Martins, but he more than makes up for that with his brain, and would make much better runs for the likes of Barton & Jonas to thread throughballs for, than Martins.