Disgusted at the lack of formal comment

Dave

So today sees yet another set of headlines about the future of this club that have come via the interim manager. Is it the truth? Who knows.

"[After 22nd November] Either the club will be sold or they have changed their minds." What a ridiculous thing to say. What a ridiculous state of affairs.

I for one am getting pretty fucking pig-sick of not hearing anything official about what's going on. When Kinnear took over he was blatantly told what to say; that Keegan was coming back and the club was close to being sold. Load of bollocks that turned out to be, as are the various 'deadlines' that have been mentioned that appear to be moved back and back. Seems like they're just taking the piss.

I'm not expecting a full disclosure of who's buying us or any of that sensitive information, but it seems like since his statement, Ashley and his friends are scared of making any sort of official comment. Everything has come through tenuous soundbites Keith Harris or Kinnear, some of which have only been said through NUFCTV, an internet-only subscription service.

Many people care about Newcastle United, and it's like this is news to the people in charge. The lack of communication has been a problem for a while now, but when the subject is the entire future of the club as a whole, it's a fucking disgrace.

You'd think that Kinnear would be in trouble with Mike Ashley if he was speaking out of turn. Keegan was supposedly bollocked for daring to suggest that Newcastle are miles behind Chelsea. What Joe is coming out with could be considered a lot more unsettling. I did laugh when Joe couldn't remember the name of the chairman though: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7703155.stm

A bad omen from NUFC.com for Joe: -

It's just one of those curious coincidences that November 22nd was a D-Day for the other JFK, who was gunned down in Dallas on that date in 1963

So today sees yet another set of headlines about the future of this club that have come via the interim manager. Is it the truth? Who knows.

"[After 22nd November] Either the club will be sold or they have changed their minds." What a ridiculous thing to say. What a ridiculous state of affairs.

I for one am getting pretty fucking pig-sick of not hearing anything official about what's going on. When Kinnear took over he was blatantly told what to say; that Keegan was coming back and the club was close to being sold. Load of bollocks that turned out to be, as are the various 'deadlines' that have been mentioned that appear to be moved back and back. Seems like they're just taking the piss.

I'm not expecting a full disclosure of who's buying us or any of that sensitive information, but it seems like since his statement, Ashley and his friends are scared of making any sort of official comment. Everything has come through tenuous soundbites Keith Harris or Kinnear, some of which have only been said through NUFCTV, an internet-only subscription service.

Many people care about Newcastle United, and it's like this is news to the people in charge. The lack of communication has been a problem for a while now, but when the subject is the entire future of the club as a whole, it's a fucking disgrace.

weren't you pleased a while ago at the fact that all the club's affairs were kept in-house ?

weren't you pleased a while ago at the fact that all the club's affairs were kept in-house ?

I was happy that the club refused to comment on transfer speculation and generally gave little away during the transfer window.

Surely you can see the difference between that approach and the current situation?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I for one am getting pretty f***ing pig-sick of not hearing anything official about what's going on. When Kinnear took over he was blatantly told what to say; that Keegan was coming back and the club was close to being sold. Load of bollocks that turned out to be, as are the various 'deadlines' that have been mentioned that appear to be moved back and back. Seems like they're just taking the piss.

Many people care about Newcastle United, and it's like this is news to the people in charge. The lack of communication has been a problem for a while now, but when the subject is the entire future of the club as a whole, it's a f***ing disgrace.

I was happy that the club refused to comment on transfer speculation and generally gave little away during the transfer window.

Surely you can see the difference between that approach and the current situation?

Im starting to think our 'not commenting on transfer speculation' was down to pure laziness and not a new direction

I for one am getting pretty f***ing pig-sick of not hearing anything official about what's going on. When Kinnear took over he was blatantly told what to say; that Keegan was coming back and the club was close to being sold. Load of bollocks that turned out to be, as are the various 'deadlines' that have been mentioned that appear to be moved back and back. Seems like they're just taking the piss.

Many people care about Newcastle United, and it's like this is news to the people in charge. The lack of communication has been a problem for a while now, but when the subject is the entire future of the club as a whole, it's a f***ing disgrace.

Im starting to think our 'not commenting on transfer speculation' was down to pure laziness and not a new direction

You might well be right. The point remains that in my opinion that was fine, but it is not acceptable now.

Think dave's 100% right to be honest, theres a big difference between doing transfers behind closed doors & not giving any clue how the sale of the club is going..

The biggest problem for me is not the lack of information it's who this info is coming from, What the hell is the chairman being paid for

Ashley isn't telling us what he wants for the club ? Does it affect negotiations - or non negotiations ?

As per the transfer window, they didn't give anything away because there was nowt to give away  :laugh2: Time will tell. By the way, the transfers of Coloccini and Guitierrez were hardly a secret and still went through.

And the lack of publicity was down to the fact that Ashley is a poor communicator and either didn't realise the value of it to supporters, or didn't give a toss anyway. Which I also said at the time.

Think dave's 100% right to be honest, theres a big difference between doing transfers behind closed doors & not giving any clue how the sale of the club is going..

The biggest problem for me is not the lack of information it's who this info is coming from, What the hell is the chairman being paid for

:kasper:

Exactly. I don't think he's made one statement (that he's dared to put his name to, anyway) since he's been at the club, has he?

Ashley isn't telling us what he wants for the club ? Does it affect negotiations - or non negotiations ?

As per the transfer window, they didn't give anything away because there was nowt to give away  :laugh2: Time will tell. By the way, the transfers of Coloccini and Guitierrez were hardly a secret and still went through.

Are you trying to claim you knew about that deal before it went through? :lol:

I've admitted it might well be right that fuck all was happening to give away, btw.

I was pleased about keeping the transfers quiet also but this shit is really pissing me off.Kinnears starting to look like a right prat as well

I wouldn't really agree with this, it seems to me that he realises the others are prats, and someone needs to tell us something, or maybe he's being told to do the job.

I was pleased about keeping the transfers quiet also but this s*** is really pissing me off.Kinnears starting to look like a right prat as well

I wouldn't really agree with this, it seems to me that he realises the others are prats, and someone needs to tell us something, or maybe he's being told to do the job.

Would be great if it is true

I was pleased about keeping the transfers quiet also but this shit is really pissing me off.Kinnears starting to look like a right prat as well

The point is it shouldn't be up to him to make comments on the future of the club at all. As a consequence he's making himself look a bit daft with the conflicting status reports. Not his fault though IMO.

Are you trying to claim you knew about that deal before it went through? :lol:

I've admitted it might well be right that fuck all was happening to give away, btw.

it was in the news wasn't it ? Same as Guthrie. The only ones that weren't were those 2 last minute deals. Which should also tell you something.

Parade around a stadium with "Cockney Mafia Out" banners, stage protests and boycotts and then wonder why word from the top isn't forthcoming?   :idiot2:

No, it wasn't all supporters but once the damage is done why try to pick apart who to talk to and who not to?  I wouldn't if I was Mike, tbh.

Guest Chris P

aye stop bleeting

Part of me suspects that Ashley may not intend to sell the club at all.

It was clear after the Hull game that he had to do something, the storm wasn't simply going to blow over if he kept his head down and tried to get on with it. So what's the smart thing to do? Announce that he's looking to sell up, appease the angry mob and then privately quote a selling price that nobody is going to meet. If some multi-billionaire comes along with a ridiculous offer, then by all means make a tidy profit and move on. But the odds of that aren't great.

Couple of months pass and then he makes a statement saying that nobody is interested and that we're basically stuck with him for now. What then?

Parade around a stadium with "Cockney Mafia Out" banners, stage protests and boycotts and then wonder why word from the top isn't forthcoming?  :idiot2:

No, it wasn't all supporters but once the damage is done why try to pick apart who to talk to and who not to?  I wouldn't if I was Mike, tbh.

I have three years of my money invested in this club, as have many others. Regardless of some fans' actions (or inactions, in my case), I feel I have the right to know what's going on - at least in more detail than has been the case.

It's hardly rocket science to recognise there are more than the few thousand at SJP who protested that day who care about the club.

What about the various companies that no doubt have hundreds of thousands of pounds invested in the club - do they not deserve to officially know what's going on?

Parade around a stadium with "Cockney Mafia Out" banners, stage protests and boycotts and then wonder why word from the top isn't forthcoming?   :idiot2:

So what the fuck was his excuse when everything was rosy?

As has been said its either been laziness or contempt from day one.