Weekend away recommendations

davy_fulla

Finally got a weekend off next week (Sat, Sun and Mon) and I'm thinking of whisking the missus away to a hotel for the Sat and Sun as she's been doing lot for me lately and we never seem to get much time together.  The bairn (10 month old) will be coming as well as I haven't seen much of him either.  Trouble is I haven't got a clue where to go.  Anyone know of any little hidden gems that would make for a nice relaxing wekend for the 3 of us?  Will be driving so distance not too much of an issue  :thup:

Get yourself up to Loch Lomond, mate. Perfect scenery, plenty nice hotels and guarantee you'll all find it romantic and restorative. :thup:

Dragged her there camping last September mate (while she was 5 months pregnant).  It was a spur of the moment thing and we didn't find a campsite until it was dark.  Got the tent up (in a fashion) but realised we'd forgot sleeping bags and ended up sleeping in our normal clothes plus coat.  Next morning was nice though as we had a drive west as far as we could go (ended up in a little fishing village called Crinan).  Fantastic scenery!

I always said I'd go back and I remember passing a nice big hotel on the way in which may be a bit warmer than the wendy house we had :)

Cheers, will suggest that to her.