The most competitive Premiership season?

Neil

Must say, one thing I've noticed so far this season is the competitiveness of it. Usually the table has settled down after 11 games but still, it's extremely close. A win for say West Brom in their next game would propel them from 17th to the top half, and Everton have done a similar thing in the past 2 games. Anyone else pleased to see the table still not quite settling down yet and for it to be so close? Makes it more exciting tbh. Plus, whilst there is never truly an easy win, I'm not sure if there is any game that you can say "yeah, there's a near-definite 3 points", this season.

Agreed. Its indicative of how poor Newcastle are now when we're hanging on against West Brom at home and when i'm thinking i'd be happy with a point at Fulham. What's compounded this season is that none of the 3 new sides are truly awful, in fact they all look quite competent.

All of the teams barring the big 4 are capable of beating each other and its going to be a hell of a scrap in terms of relegation and fighting for the European slots.

same as the last 10 seasons - the big four clubs start to pull away after 10 -12 games and leave the dross behind

I think that's a given. I wasn't as such referring to the top 4 but more to the league as a whole, the general feeling of having to work hard to beat any single team in the league.

Guest Stephen927

It's interesting because we're not THAT far behind the top 10 and the European places. It does make me anxious that the competition is so high that if we miss out on points against teams like Wigan and Fulham then we are REALLY going to struggle.