TOP STARS ARE UP FOR GRABS

Thespence

Anyone else read the paper version of this article & see all the names on a free in the summer?

THE Premier League is heading for the biggest winter sale in its history with a staggering 119 stars set to be available on the cheap in January.

That’s the number of top-flight players entering the last six months of their contracts — and with many of their clubs unlikely to take the risk of losing top names for nothing next summer, there is sure to be a rush to off-load in the New Year.

As the credit crunch bites, cash-strapped managers looking to shop in the bargain basement will be in luck.

Some of the leading names in Premier League football are up for grabs thanks to the Bosman Rule, including England international strikers Michael Owen and Emile Heskey (below).

But that’s just the tip of the iceberg as star names such as Ryan Giggs, Michael Ballack, Gary Neville, Edwin Van Der Sar and Sami Hyypia will also be looking for contract extensions in 2009.

Others such as Carlos Tevez, Wigan’s Amr Zaki and Djibril Cisse at Sunderland need to secure their futures as impressive loan spells come to an end in 2009.

Although they are NOT available on a Bosman their Premier League clubs will need to make a decision on whether or not to keep them on board next season.

Pinch

While some coaches will no doubt be scouring the burgeoning market for cheap recruits, others are bound to be viewing the list with trepidation.

It offers an insight into which clubs are feeling the pinch and stalling on lucrative contracts for their squads — and which players are eyeing a move.

Newcastle caretaker boss Joe Kinnear faces the daunting prospect of losing three of his top strikers.

Owen, Aussie Mark Viduka and Nigerian Shola Ameobi are all entering their final year.

New Pompey boss Tony Adams has 10 players who will all soon be available on a Bosman, while West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola will also be sweating.

The Hammers could also lose as many as 10 players unless they get their finances in order.

As well as several talented youngsters from their Academy, they could also lose experienced players like defender Lucas Neill and midfielder Lee Bowyer.

Below is a club-by-club guide to the players with contracts heading into the last six months . . .

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/58397/Premiership-top-stars-are-going-cheap.html

The Toon List

Owen

Viduka

Butt

Cacapa

Shola

Harper

Edgar

& that chap we got on loan his deal will end.

Names on the list that interest me:

Routledge (we need a right winger as back up)

Mokoena (6ft1 DM)

Marney (been playing well this season)

Zayatte (Could be worth looking at :pow:)

Sturridge (If everyone above f***s off we need strikers with a bit PL experience)

Vassell  (If everyone above f***s off we need strikers with PL experience)

Ball (We need another LB)

Neville (We need a leader & another RB)

Walker (Geordie & England U19 Captain)

Heskey (If everyone above f***s off we need strikers with PL experience)

Taylor (We need another RB)

Not saying I would want all the above to join us they are the names out the 100+ listed on free's next summer & the reason I would be interested

Daniel Sturridge looks like he has a lot going for him, could be really good competition for Oba up front. Would take Mokoena and Routledge in a heartbeat at the moment as well - not as first team players but they'd be very handy as squad additions iyam.

Daniel Sturridge looks like he has a lot going for him, could be really good competition for Oba up front. Would take Mokoena and Routledge in a heartbeat at the moment as well - not as first team players but they'd be very handy as squad additions iyam.

madness

madness

Why? Ideally I wouldn't have them near the first team but they're cover and Premiership proven cover at that.

Mokoena is worse than Nicky Butt.

He has bit more height, can jump & move quicker, cant remember what his passing was like.

Was strange to see Ian Walker is still at Bolton & Danny Mills at Man City. At Man Utd Ben Foster, Edwin Van Der Sar  & recent Eire international  Darron Gibbson contracts are up.

Guest optimistic nit

madness

Why? Ideally I wouldn't have them near the first team but they're cover and Premiership proven cover at that.

routlage and mokena? :lol: i always find it hillarious when people mention players we should get because we have a thin squad that are no better than most of our reserve team.

titus bramble is premiership proven cover, i wouldn't take him back though.

madness

routlage and mokena? :lol: i always find it hillarious when people mention players we should get because we have a thin squad that are no better than most of our reserve team.

Hardly in a position to be picky about players though are we?

Guest optimistic nit

madness

Hardly in a position to be picky about players though are we?

sign me up, i'll play for free.

Jesus fucking christ.

madness

Tbf I was only looking at players who are out of contract next summer & both those players are light years ahead of our reserve players for the record. I also said interest me.

As for Bramble his contract was up here & another Prem club took him but like you I would not have him back.

Mokoena is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. Haven't you learned anything from Amdy. Being big does not make you talented. This is not Rugby or gridiron. Stoke might want to look at him as cover for Olofinjana or Amdy himself.

Take a step back....I am not saying sign him. But our CB's are getting nailed because none of the CM/DM can either jump or win many headers, our CB's have to step up into midfield for headers which often means they are then out of place. Mokoena would not be a signing I would want to make but he is someone at this moment in time as we are bottom of the league I would consider. A bit like when Mark Hughes took over a shit Blackburn side & got Mokoena in to do a job, Mokoena's role has since then  diminished as Blackburn have got better options in.

Mokoena is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. Haven't you learned anything from Amdy. Being big does not make you talented. This is not Rugby or gridiron. Stoke might want to look at him as cover for Olofinjana or Amdy himself.

Well said, I'm surprised people want us to sign him.

We are shit man deal with it, this is the level we are at. WBA were ripping us to shreds at home ffs. This was with Barton back, Duff playing the best he has for years, Colo, Beye & Jose in the team. I am more surprised that people think we still have decent team than anything else.

We are shit man deal with it, this is the level we are at. WBA were ripping us to shreds at home ffs. This was with Barton back, Duff playing the best he has for years, Colo, Beye & Jose in the team. I am more surprised that people think we still have decent team than anything else.

CHOMP.

We are s*** man deal with it, this is the level we are at. WBA were ripping us to shreds at home ffs. This was with Barton back, Duff playing the best he has for years, Colo, Beye & Jose in the team. I am more surprised that people think we still have decent team than anything else.

CHOMP.

:pow: